DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State farm insurance question

thatguy0329

Reactions
Waiting on a quote from State Farm they asked about the price for the Drone I told them just the price of the Drone although I purchase fly more combo should I have given them the full price of the Drone and the accessories or just the Drone?

Sent from my LG-H820 using MavicPilots mobile app

I'm not an insurance expert...but, it seems to me that if you crash the drone, the accessories (e.g., charger unit, carrying bag, extra props, extra batteries, etc.) will not be affected. So, the insurance would only cover the aircraft.

I'm not an insurance expert...but, it seems to me that if you crash the drone, the accessories (e.g., charger unit, carrying bag, extra props, extra batteries, etc.) will not be affected. So, the insurance would only cover the aircraft.
True, but if it gets stolen along with the accessories doesn't seem like the accessories would be covered.

My State Farm drone insurance covers up to $3000 of drone loss whether it be 1, 2, or 3 drones. Just need to give them serial # and receipt. My policy has $0 deductible.

If you crash your drone, you get an estimate from DJI or other DJI repair facility and SF will cut you a check. If your Mav decides to submarine or fly off like an eagle and you never find it, they will write you a check for a complete replacement, $1299.

True, but if it gets stolen along with the accessories doesn't seem like the accessories would be covered.

The items that come with the FM package are not considered accessories or add-ons to State Farm, they will be covered in case of theft of the whole FM package.

Thats correct but a flyaway or other loss of the bird makes the extras worthless. And since DJI doesnt sell the Mav alone, SF will cover the whole package, or they will ask you to find a new bird only, and cut you a check..

I'm going through the process now of securing a policy. My agent said it covers hijacking, crashes and loss, BUT does not cover regular wear and tear, or mechanical failures. I'm also taking the opportunity to throw in a few other items into the policy.

Reactions: thatguy0329
I'm going through the process now of securing a policy. My agent said it covers hijacking, crashes and loss, BUT does not cover regular wear and tear, or mechanical failures. I'm also taking the opportunity to throw in a few other items into the policy.

Smart man. But I think it does cover mechanical failures not covered under DJI warranty.

Smart man. But I think it does cover mechanical failures not covered under DJI warranty.

I asked my agent about that and she said no. However I think they mean if something fails and you can't fly. But they do cover crashes;).

I asked her if it should fly away or crash, do I have to provide the remains and she said no. If it crashes and you have the remains, they will send it off and pay for the repairs. I read on another forum someone already processed a claim for their Mavic. They just sent him a check, and didn't ask for flight data or anything.

I was told the PAP only applies to current customers of theirs and in order for me to cover my drone i would have to change over some other insurance and combine them... Anyone else hear this or does everyone that insures happen to also be an existing customer??

I was told the PAP only applies to current customers of theirs and in order for me to cover my drone i would have to change over some other insurance and combine them... Anyone else hear this or does everyone that insures happen to also be an existing customer??

Ohh I'm not sure, State Farm has insured my vehicles for years. I'm supposed to talk to my agent today and lock in my policy. I'll ask her and see what she says.

I got the PAP policy from State Farm here in New Jersey and I do not have them for any other types of coverage.

Reactions: thatguy0329
Get this.. I called a different agent and they said I'm able to open the policy for just the drone... I think the other guy was just looking at it from a money stand point

Thanks, I appreciate it

I talked to my agent and finished up my policy. She said you DO NOT have to be a current customer with State Farm to get a drone policy.

She said they use the drone policy as an opportunity to quote you for other coverages if you need it, because the drone policies are so small.

Reactions: Madd_cabbie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31