DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stupid firmware update caused me the mav to crash this morning!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you loose much signal juice when sitting inside your car?
I've been thinking of going inside my car because of cold, but I've been afraid it'll go bad or some...
Gps is on mav aircraft. Rx can be in question but I have my window down and my radio pointing toward aircraft to my left of my car. In other words I have my course lock to fly to my left and out so I dont have nothing in my way to block rx and radio. My second flight I went straight up 250 m to check out night shots that didnt do good in video mod because iso dont go high enough for northern light pictures. Came straight back down and it landed right in the same spot as I left since I didnt use the right stick.
I didnt hang radio out the window either and it did good. But dont woont to risk it again

Reactions: Red_Raven
Do you loose much signal juice when sitting inside your car?
I've been thinking of going inside my car because of cold, but I've been afraid it'll go bad or some...

Dunno, really, but I only control from the side I'm sitting. No way I'm going to go through the roof.

Well the only thing You rely on is failsafe ,
Loose radio. Aircraft RTH initiates its self
Yeh. Theres some trust issues between you and a 1000 buck smart drone huh.
Its easy for me to do this because over the last 18 years of flying RC helicopters , ( big electric heli). I crashed a few. Sometimes damage can be 600 bucks or more. My batteries can run 500 bucks for 1 set.

I understand system check and preflight check list.
BUT I was also shocked that some major setting were changed after I did my first firmware update. This is simple tech update. Rule one, take a backup of current configuration and user settings.
Apply update
Load restore of system configured and user settings after the firmware update is completed restoring to the users prefered settings before the update.
I say this say this not only as a mavic owner, but someone who works in tech and had for 20 year. I have fired people for not doing proper backups before a big change control, it doesn't matter if it was an update or a patch. Everything gets backed up first, wait.... everything gets tested in a lab first more then once and also backed up before the update is applied. Then setting are restored. If I told a bank that it lost millions because of a system update on the network that didn't have proper backup or a roll back procedure I would have been fired.

In my opinion the firmware from DJI is coming out to fast. It's not being properly tested before release, then they are being rushed to fix faults and release more updates before drones crash and the reputation is tarnished and hit the news.
Proper testing, proper settings backed up and restored would be a better way to protect the reputation of the company and takes little more time before pushing updates out.

The reason DJI sells is because they make them easy to fly. It's also the reason the FAA has laws and new regulations now. DJI can not count on the user knowing that the firmware changes settings.

At the very least a message at the end of the firmware update should says:
"NOTICE! Setting may have changed. Please power the drone and controller on to check all your settings."

Reactions: FordP
You type and talk like a young man. Maybe 16. Refrain from calling people names please. Don't get personal when people point out facts. Eat your mistake. We all have done errors. Now calling dji and the coders geeks. Sad. Really sad. I get it. Your mad. But sometimes it's better to be thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
your a bit of a hypocrite Devin. You say don't call people names yet in the same post you call insult me by calling me a 16 year old teenager and a fool. Got a mirror?

I disagree I think it is the nerd that can't write a firmware upgrade without resetting everything. Sheesh I mean they can hack the cia they can't write a firmware that doesn't reset everything? What pain the assssss for us the customers to do on every there is a firmware upgrate that these geeks come up with to save their jobs each quarter.
The programmers tend to be handcuffed by the hardware requirements and memory restrictions so they cannot always make the upgrade that graceful.

The programmers tend to be handcuffed by the hardware requirements and memory restrictions so they cannot always make the upgrade that graceful.
not sure I follow you. If cell programmers can upgrade phone without resetting settings then why couldn't firmware programmers do the same thing.

your a bit of a hypocrite Devin. You say don't call people names yet in the same post you call insult me by calling me a 16 year old teenager and a fool. Got a mirror?

IMG_7557.GIF
As I said in post 110 of this if it kept on I would close it.
This thread has been on topic and off so much I can't
keep up with it so it is now..

CLOSED

Reactions: JHSlayer
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member