DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunshade

For the weekend I hope to have a go at one of these iterations based on JVs design.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

So I have a design iteration complete and printed but weather has been awful here on the east coast so no test yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoOriginal
Awaiting good weather as well, interested in the test results of both designs, I'm not sold on either yet. Aero, the cutout seems to me to be a "wind sock" of sorts...catching more airflow than no cover at all. IMO.

Was able to get out today. Some testing on the current iteration showed that the one side still enters the frame in sport mode and turning hard. If you look at the camera, it is actual 5mm off the center of the Quad as designed. Will update the design 1 more time and hopefully give it a go tomorrow. Overcast today so was unable to test the glare blocking benefits of the design. Easy to print and allows plenty of airflow so once tuned, should be a good option.

Just got mine today after a month of waiting. Ordered at Amazon.
9cc499a979f358a8ab5433558510faf5.jpg

New design is looking good. Will share soon after a sunny day test at different hours. The side shields can only be seen in sport mode when in a full Yaw (left stick) and Roll (Right Stick) attitude. I assuming a similar test with the mod design may show the same thing, would be nice to receive some input to set expectations. Next tests need to see if the shields as positioned work during what I believe the hardest test being a low sun looking straight across the lens. More to come hopefully over the next couple of days.

Just got mine today after a month of waiting. Ordered at Amazon.
9cc499a979f358a8ab5433558510faf5.jpg
That looks pretty nice. Link? Also would love to have you do some of the extreme Sport Mode tests I described (if your comfortable with that) to see if this version appears in the frame during turns.

Final design will be posted this weekend. There is also another another design that slips over the camera lens directly which, as long as it's not to heavy is always the best solution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesseLaw