DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

why i'm NOT buying the Mp2, any others not buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the mp for $570 refurbed w/ 1 yr warr a cpl months ago on fleabay. The only reason I'd upgrade is if the mp2 had 4k vid 60fps. Dji deliberately handicapped the mp2 with restricting 4k to 30fps....(same 4k vid specs as the orig mp).

So for me it's not worth 2x the price for marginal improvements that don't really mean much to me. A little faster sure..better battery life..yes (but at the cost of a new LARGER battery at 40% more expensive then mp battery).

I might get it for the improved sensors but I don't fly crazy so it doesn't mean that much to me. When the price comes down in a year..maybe...but as is it's really not worth it unless you are dedicated rich guy lol.

Reactions: wytnyt
theres many issues on the forum most every day
Remember, you're on a forum where people talk about issues. if people aren't having issues, they typically don't post.

This is like hanging out at a car repair shop and getting the opinion that cars are junk, although hundreds of cars have passed by while you're repairing that one car.

Reactions: locoman and Kilrah
If anything happens to my MPP I will definitely consider an M2P (assuming nothing better has come out in the meantime). The new camera is nice but not nice enough for me to drop another $1800 for a new FMC.

Remember, you're on a forum where people talk about issues. if people aren't having issues, they typically don't post.

This is like hanging out at a car repair shop and getting the opinion that cars are junk, although hundreds of cars have passed by while you're repairing that one car.
if the mavic was as perfect as some proclaim then the forum would reflect that but it obviously doesnt.
the mavics 2 years old and its problems are still as evident as ever.

first off i'm not loyal to any brand,i buy for what i like in drones.
i had 2500 as some may know set back for either the new Mp2 or an Evo.
I have 2 mavic pro's for nearly a year now and have been dealing with this issue or some other,installing updates that do not help and even makes some things worse and now with the Mavic being out 2 years DJI comes out with new ones so does this mean the old mavic will never be fixed?,they surely cant fully address it with new ones being produced and likely have its own issues.
its like DJI is saying ''sorry we can't fix the Mp 1'' but well gladly let you buy a newer one.
sadly it seems people will keep drinking the kool-aid,shelling out the money and hoping to get a good product
Hopefully this drone will be proven to be up to standards and perhaps ill get one but in the meantime my money is going else where.

You must have a very different MP1 than I do. Mine works flawlessly.

MK

Reactions: locoman
agreed bud .. thats what worries me a lot now .. im putting up with there software not working as intended so its either go through and chance there return service or put up with it ...

I lost a lot of interest in the drone when I seen the argos pre release..

no new controller / 1 new smart flight / 31 minutes flight !! doubt it very much / they cheated out by using the old controller / why couldnt they addd a bigger colour screen save a tablet or phone use etc ? maybe some day but def not today ..

They don't want to spend more money on a new remote and even less with a remote with screen/ dedicated UI. The care refresh don't even cover the remotes. Its like launching the MA with a usb type c just for data transfer but still using a type b on the remote only for charging but making you use a freaking battery to power up/ transfer data from drone to computer..

This means for sure that they have thousands of remote boards already manufactured and don't want to go changing what already works and its fine tuned.

The problem concerning "old tech" is really the updates and if the old firmwares start failing... contrasting with the app software updates....
Oldie MP may start having issues...

Brands with "iPhone mindset" always try to push you into upgrading your gear every year...
And it's hard not to see it as programmed obsolescence

Reactions: wytnyt
I got the mp for $570 refurbed w/ 1 yr warr a cpl months ago on fleabay. The only reason I'd upgrade is if the mp2 had 4k vid 60fps. Dji deliberately handicapped the mp2 with restricting 4k to 30fps....(same 4k vid specs as the orig mp).

So for me it's not worth 2x the price for marginal improvements that don't really mean much to me. A little faster sure..better battery life..yes (but at the cost of a new LARGER battery at 40% more expensive then mp battery).

I might get it for the improved sensors but I don't fly crazy so it doesn't mean that much to me. When the price comes down in a year..maybe...but as is it's really not worth it unless you are dedicated rich guy lol.
The camera in M1P is inferior to most cell phone cameras.

It has very little to do with the drone and a lot to do with the camera.

Reactions: Lifted Chevy
I started with the P3P then the Mavic. I now own two Inspire’s and wouldn’t change back. Size and stability is great and handles wind like a champ. The only upgrade I’m making is to the Inspire 2. My Mavic feels like a kids toy IMO.

I started with the P3P then the Mavic. I now own two Inspire’s and wouldn’t change back. Size and stability is great and handles wind like a champ. The only upgrade I’m making is to the Inspire 2. My Mavic feels like a kids toy IMO.
I feel the same way. The MP is a nice Dron but I get bored with it fast. I fly my I1v2 and i never gets boring. the inspire 2 will be my nex upgrade.

I'm also considering the MP2 Zoom for inspections also.....that would really help out in a few areas....but for now...I'll let the hype die down first and see in six months!!

I feel the same way. The MP is a nice Dron but I get bored with it fast. I fly my I1v2 and i never gets boring. the inspire 2 will be my nex upgrade.

I'm curious. What does the Inspire do that stops you from being bored, that the Mavic doesn't?

I'm going back to fixed wing and R/C helicopters. The Mavic just took the fun out of flying. Nothing challenging, nothing ever new to learn or try. No real flying skills. Never any exhilaration. It's just floating a camera around the sky.

Reactions: Clinton1
I'm going back to fixed wing and R/C helicopters. The Mavic just took the fun out of flying. Nothing challenging, nothing ever new to learn or try. No real flying skills. Never any exhilaration. It's just floating a camera around the sky.
thats what it is intended to be.

I can understand that view (I got really bored of flying after a while, and had to start playing with photography to keep it interesting), but that IS the point of the drone. Literally just a flying camera, ideally one that stays perfectly stable under all conditions.

Reactions: sar104
if the mavic was as perfect as some proclaim then the forum would reflect that but it obviously doesnt.
the mavics 2 years old and its problems are still as evident as ever.
the cars that are fine arent coming to the repair shop you're hanging out in.. they are driving by.

Reactions: Kilrah
My MPPro works so flawlessly, it's actually boring. Boring to fly as well.
Frozen the firmware on the version before last one, which works 100% for me.
Won't auto update GO4 ever again. No problem at all.

Since the introduction of the Inspire2 my I1 is blessed with about 18 months without any FW update. Totally reliable. No surprises. I expect the same from the Mavic Pro 1 series.

I'd have thought all camera drones are boring to fly?
If its a case of "fly over there, take picture/video, fly back", how is something like the Inspire less boring to fly than the Mavic?
Obviously I can see that the quality of the camera that the Inspire carries is why it would make such a difference.

As someone who's never flown an Inspire, what makes it less boring to fly?

Anyway, back to the question, no I won't be upgrading from my MP.
It does what I want it to do for when I'm travelling.
I'm happy with the pictures/video it takes and would rather spend the cash elsewhere and it's never let me down whilst flying.

Maybe the adrenaline of having a much heavier, more expensive thing in the air.

Inspire camera is only better if you have the X5 or up.

My inspire only flew like 4 times since I got the Mavic in Nov 2016, to me it's the exact opposite, size, weight, bulk were all drawbacks that I unfortunately had to deal with to have something as good, but they all disappeared when the Mavic came out, which meant I could now always have it with me.

I like flying low, fast, between trees and things, for the fun of the live experience with the goggles more than the video actually..

As someone who's never flown an Inspire
Well, ask anyone who has an Inspire1 how less boring it is. Except Kilrah of course :p
But agreed, compared to my CP helicopter and fixed wings I flown over the pst 40 years drones are very very boring to fly. The camera makes it fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet