DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will Christmas ruin everything for us?

This issue is similar to ones I've worked on in past years in another industry. In those situations, common sense information and activities had a positive impact on the public and legislators. But I fail to see a coordinated effort by the drone industry which is made up of manufactures, point of sales, customers and enthusiasts like us who participate in this forum.

If we don't tell our story, someone else will, and the past indicates it won't be the one we want told or that reflects the positive side of drones.

Why not:

--Include safety info with each drone packaging and a code of flying conduct each operator must sign and send in to the appropriate group heading this up. Each year hold a drawing for everyone who participates funded by the manufacturers for a "state-of-the art" drone package.

--Annually, hold a dinner in D.C. to recognize a drone operator from each state that have (used their drones) to save lives, thwart crime, had a positive impact on education, etc. with one person chosen as the "drone operator of the year."

--Encourage local RC/drone associations to work with local law enforcement agencies in search and rescue and other activities that create a positive bridge between these groups. Promote successful efforts. Coordinate, coordinate, coordinate.

--Create a "certified" drone outlet seal for those retail organizations that proactively explain safety guidelines with customers when they purchase.

--Volunteer with local school districts to work with teachers in the appropriate disciplines to create done clubs to build drones and encourage safe flying.

I could go on, but this should give you an idea of what can be done. And for the naysayers, please don't tell me it can't be done. It already has been done in other market segments with similar challenges.

That's my two cents, thanks.
Just fly responsibly and join the AMA. Their lobbying efforts have kept regulations from being much more onerous.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Knocking, no, no, no. Love Cali actually. I appreciate humor in a less than complimentary way after all, I live in Cleveland.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Cool [emoji41] , I have family in Troy and live in SanDiego I will admit there is way to many people here.
Merry Christmas.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe