DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WOW JUST WOW

Awesome! Where was that shot?

Goodness! That was scary cool! Must have used some zoom in post? That's crazy!?

It is truly mind boggling how those kids can shoot breathtaking videos like this one using gear that costs penauts compared to our mavics or phantoms (not to mention a behemoth like inspire). It truly makes me wonder. I mean the only semi expensive piece of gear used here is the gopro 6. Now when I pilot the Mav I feel heavy and awkward by comparison. Kinda makes me wanna go and buy some of that stuff. I mean even if you crash a few of those on the learning curve, it’s still probably worth it!

Reactions: passedpawn
It is truly mind boggling how those kids can shoot breathtaking videos like this one using gear that costs penauts compared to our mavics or phantoms (not to mention a behemoth like inspire). It truly makes me wonder. I mean the only semi expensive piece of gear used here is the gopro 6. Now when I pilot the Mav I feel heavy and awkward by comparison. Kinda makes me wanna go and buy some of that stuff. I mean even if you crash a few of those on the learning curve, it’s still probably worth it!

Even though I'm an electronics guy with tons of hands-on experience, I don't really want to build my own. I'd like to just buy a full FPV setup, whatever that guy there had (or equivalent). I wonder where? What?

I enjoyed that immensely. Thanks for flying it and posting it. Where were you?

Mr Steele has a very good FPV channel on YouTube.
Just noticed he has a new series out about getting into FPV.

Part 1.

7 parts I can find, each about 15 mins on specific parts of the process of getting into FPV.

Loads of great FPV vids on his channel.
Many urban flights (probably most illegal), some out in the wilderness like this post started with (also probably illegal, but safer).

Absolutely beautiful scenery and control of the aircraft. Sound track was well timed also.

Hi guys, thanks for the nice responses to my video :) Let me answer a few questions I read in the replies above:

- I was standing in the valley myself and I had line of sight through pretty much all of this, so the video in my goggles and control signal were pretty much perfect
- No it's not sped up, except for the obvious 2 parts (around 0:15 and after 1:14)
- This was my second attempt at flying this line (not dozens of times like someone suggested above)
- It was shot with a gopro that's fixed to the drone, so no gimbal or moving parts, but it was smoothed out a bit in post using Reelsteady GO

Any more questions are welcome :)

Reactions: TheWolfen
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_