DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

‘We had nothing to do with it’: Skydio CEO on DJI drone ban bill

From the above page comes the following quote.
"The only thing that bums me out is to see a few folks within the communities of drone users we serve attack Skydio – especially public safety – for whom we have so much respect, and are so motivated to support.”

I am left wondering what "communities of drone users" he is referring to ?
I thought Skydio had withdrawn from the consumer drone market, if that is correct has their remaining customer base being making noises too?
They have. There are a lot of small town public safety and law enforcement orgs that use DJI drones. It's not the high-end stuff but it's what they can afford. Cheap drones with thermal cameras have saved more than a few lives. When you tell these orgs either pay for the high-end equipment or lose that capability they're going to get upset. I don't think any have publicly called out Skydio for it but I'm sure they've expressed their concerns privately.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Sure, but you know what I mean. Just trying to think about how would an America company usurp a powerful Chinese company in the non-drone world for a product that everybody wants and love....it cannot be done. Skydio is a decent company but they can't pull this off alone. DJI is loved by *us* but 95% of America don't even know who is DJI and won't miss them when they are gone.
Agree. Skydio may have even stoked the fires against DJI, but personally I doubt it and as you say they couldn't make a difference on their own. The problem lies purely with ignorant government officials either elected by even more ignorant voters ... or ignorant government officials appointed by other ignorant officials who were elected by ignorant voters. The DJI situation isn't the only example currently on full display.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aleeab