DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

“Find my drone” and “Flight records” won’t help

Hashemi

Reactions
HELP! I’ve been flying my mavic pro for about a year and I absolutely love it! I mainly use it for shooting promo videos for our bike shop in Huntington Beach and for leasure. Today was a very said day... I account crashed into the very top of a palm tree while flying backwards near the pacific coast hwy.

Problem
I quickly rode my bike to the crash site and I used the find my drone feature which lead me to the correct drone crash site where I found one of my propellers but no drone. It did take me about 5 minutes to get to the crash location, as it was a busy day at Huntington Beach. I also watched the flight records and it took me to the same palm tree crash site.

Here’s my question. Is it possible that my drone is stuck at the top of the palm tree?
Or
Is it more likely that it dropped down and someone stole it before I got to the site. If so, how would I know the difference? I can’t see the drone in the tree if it is up there? Any suggestions?..

I use an iPhone X with the Latest firmware and DJI go4. No modification.

Here’s my question. Is it possible that my drone is stuck at the top of the palm tree?
Or
Is it more likely that it dropped down and someone stole it before I got to the site. If so, how would I know the difference? I can’t see the drone in the tree if it is up there? Any suggestions?.

Find someone else with a drone to check the tree. If nothing, it likely got taken by someone. Did you have your contact details on it? If yes, it might still turn up if the finder is an honest person. If not, there really is not much you can do. DJI does not help locate/block lost drones.

Reactions: Hashemi
Find someone else with a drone to check the tree. If nothing, it likely got taken by someone. Did you have your contact details on it? If yes, it might still turn up if the finder is an honest person. If not, there really is not much you can do. DJI does not help locate/block lost drones.
Thank you,

Good advice! So we looked at the top tree with another drone today, but it’s pretty overgrown and we couldn’t see inside the leaves. I didnt seem to be there, however I was able to find the tree trimmer company that’s going to be trimming those palm trees this week. If it’s up there still, they will find it and get it back to me, let’s see what happens ... thanks again.

Here’s the tree!

Attachments

• FF278342-73F4-4F13-8F42-AA72AAA8F10B.jpeg
    FF278342-73F4-4F13-8F42-AA72AAA8F10B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
It could be an omen.... look whats written on the side of the truck in the background!!!

Reactions: Hashemi
I'd crawl inside those bushes at the base of the tree. My bet is that it's in there somewhere.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929