DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

***™ tracker

Special Weapons Group

Reactions
Well maybe not a trademark
[emoji16] but mounted on the rear part. I decided to add some extra insurance to my mavic.
Fiitted a waterproof gps tracker with a data simcard today. 35 grams extra only and some extra insurance. With that and the drone chute its about 150 grams heavier than original. So now i have all the safety i need. I thought the pic might help someone who wants to fit one of these.
9763e80a3bb36fdd79990f7e369a6fef.jpg

Reactions: Gray_seagull
Good idea, but I wouldn't like the placement. It covers up the status light. I use that as much as anything for keeping VLOS of my bird, especially in low light. If I put the tracker there then I would have to add extra strobes which then would be additional weight. I know the bird could handle the extra weight but at some point it is going to change flight dynamics or reduce flight times.

Good idea, but I wouldn't like the placement. It covers up the status light. I use that as much as anything for keeping VLOS of my bird, especially in low light. If I put the tracker there then I would have to add extra strobes which then would be additional weight. I know the bird could handle the extra weight but at some point it is going to change flight dynamics or reduce flight times.

Well it is mounted on clear lexan plastic sticking out 7mm below the actual tracker the light disrtibutes through the clear plastic so it looks ok. Flight time with 150 grams added in total is about the same. Speed is a bit lower but since i use it in tight dangerous stunt shots (Pyrotechnics) in movies where the drone sometimes gets a beating it matters very little. However you are right of course it makes some difference.

I'd be concerned about interference that close to the rear compass, but it should be negligable.

There are brackets for other GPS modules that extend from both rear arms and carry the module away from the body.

I'd be concerned about interference that close to the rear compass, but it should be negligable.

There are brackets for other GPS modules that extend from both rear arms and carry the module away from the body.
I experimented with tracker placement and compass interference. It doesn't matter where you place as long as you calibrate with it in place.

Well maybe not a trademark
[emoji16] but mounted on the rear part. I decided to add some extra insurance to my mavic.
Fiitted a waterproof gps tracker with a data simcard today. 35 grams extra only and some extra insurance. With that and the drone chute its about 150 grams heavier than original. So now i have all the safety i need. I thought the pic might help someone who wants to fit one of these.
9763e80a3bb36fdd79990f7e369a6fef.jpg

Link to what it is...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wild86