DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

01.03.900 update driving me mad

Peter UK

Reactions
I've literally been doing this all day and have been through 2 complete rounds of battery re-charges.

I'm now up to 86% but it keep stopping and I have to continually press 'continue downloading'. Occasionally i get a message 'Updating firmware version information...' with a whirling white circle.

Internet connection is fine, everything is connected as it should be; I've even rebooted by iPhone but still no difference.

I did try the DJI Assistant app but can't get it to recognise the Mavic when it's connected via USB to my Mac. I understand that's a common problem.

Anyone else had troubles? - beginning to wish I've never started the update!!!

Reactions: bowens44
I've literally been doing this all day and have been through 2 complete rounds of battery re-charges.

I'm now up to 86% but it keep stopping and I have to continually press 'continue downloading'. Occasionally i get a message 'Updating firmware version information...' with a whirling white circle.

Internet connection is fine, everything is connected as it should be; I've even rebooted by iPhone but still no difference.

I did try the DJI Assistant app but can't get it to recognise the Mavic when it's connected via USB to my Mac. I understand that's a common problem.

Try moving your device and controller further away from the aircraft.
There could be some interference between them as this can slow or stop the update process. I have had to do this with past updates and it worked for me.
Good luck.

I think this is due to 'unsigned driver' issue. In Windows 8.1 I was able to allow unsigned drivers by holding down the shift key when I choose 'restart', and somewhere in there found the option in the same menu that had the safe mode option. Google how to allow unsigned drivers for your OS and your DJI Assistant should work fine.

I think I've finally got there by persevering on the iPhone update. 3rd round of battery re-charge!!!

Reactions: Pathogen
I'm now getting a message 'Gimbal disconnected' but all fine when I change the battery.

I wonder if this because I switched between phone and Mac when I was trying to upgrade and of course had to switch on and off a few times in between battery changes and re-charges.

I upgraded by first linking the Mavic to the controller , when all link together, I take the controller still on for both and hook it up to the controller via usb cord supplied to your computer. Do the USB plug after you start the dji assistance 2. It should detect your controller and you can upgrade to only 800 or 900 firmware. Should be ok because I didn't have any problem after that. I hope you have the same luck that I have.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661