DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

107 Test at PSI.

From what I am seeing, PSI is just a generic test admin company. In other words, its a purely administrative part of the equation - no value whatsoever added to actual airspace safety or management.
Not only that, it means they do volume. Their software is used for otehr kinds of testing from what I read.
I like that the FAA actually chose someone that makes working software, unlike the DMV, but $160 is really high compared to what it must cost PSI. Think about it - you just told me the admin job was given to some contractor that set its own price, since they already had the software.
This is a dead end answer, not an explanation of why it costs $160.
Post a link to a real explanation if you know of one. Saying $150 is fine with you or not with me is irrelevent, I am looking for more specific info.
It’s $96 if you take it at a PSI test center, which seems much easier if there is one near you.

Does anyone know why FAA / PSI schedules exams in 3 hour blocks of time? It doesn’t make sense for a 2 hour exam. Also, for people who have passed without prior knowledge of reading airspace maps, how much study time is recommended? I’ve gone through the materials but wondering if a week is enough if I put in 3-4 hours per day