DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

128 GIG SD Used by Anyone ?

Oingo Boingo

Reactions
Hey all

I just want to get an idea before spending cash - Anyone here flying with a a 128 GB Micro on the Mavic - ? And what are your experiences - Any Issues ? - I Normally fly with the Lexar 64 GIGs and they work like a dream

yup 128gig U3 toshiba and samsung work fine. **** 4k vids still manage to fill it up :)

i should have gone for the 256 but the 128's were a good deal cheaper. $50 vs $150-200

Cheaper if you use 4 x 32g cards.
Slap some on the controller and a few in the bag in case you forget yours at home.
And you dont invest all your eggs in one basket if you lose it.

Cheaper if you use 4 x 32g cards.
Slap some on the controller and a few in the bag in case you forget yours at home.
And you dont invest all your eggs in one basket if you lose it.

I guess it really depends on the class of sd card that you are using. The cheaper ones that you see with the number 1 surrounded by like a letter "U" or a number 10 in a "C" is only good for certain resolution like 1080 or 720p or less. But the more expensive ones with a 3 within "U" is good for UHD AND HD video and also 4K.

So really depends

I guess it really depends on the class of sd card that you are using. The cheaper ones that you see with the number 1 surrounded by like a letter "U" or a number 10 in a "C" is only good for certain resolution like 1080 or 720p or less. But the more expensive ones with a 3 within "U" is good for UHD AND HD video and also 4K.

Class 10 should be good for 10meg/sec write speed. Mavic is 60mbit at best, so class 10 should be sufficient (it'd be the bare minimum for me). The P4P Pro is upto 100mbit so you'd be better off with a better rated card like a U3/V30. U3 for the Mavic is overkill but if you can find it cheap enough, no hard in buying it as it will make transferring the footage to your computer much faster in general.

The below chart is a good way to understand all the confusing ratings.

Attachments

• video_speed class_01.jpg
    video_speed class_01.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: Pietros
Slap some on the controller? I don't understand that statement?
Tape them to the back of the controller. Good for emergencies, especially if you are 1000ks from home or a nerd store.

Class 10 should be good for 10meg/sec write speed. Mavic is 60mbit at best, so class 10 should be sufficient (it'd be the bare minimum for me). The P4P Pro is upto 100mbit so you'd be better off with a better rated card like a U3/V30. U3 for the Mavic is overkill but if you can find it cheap enough, no hard in buying it as it will make transferring the footage to your computer much faster in general.

The below chart is a good way to understand all the confusing ratings.

Yeah most definitely [emoji1303].

Was going to include these images as well
35d527ea11a420916552cb9d95cc3005.jpg

c6104a08d2a6871bedf3ebd8643dfa82.jpg

Reactions: linux_guy
I take everything off my cards after every fight. Are you keeping stuff on yours that warrant a 128?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman