DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1st and last night time flight :(

EsiMavic

Reactions
Is it really not stable when you fly at night??
So does the spark??

I played around with a night flight the other night and VPS was disabled due to lack of ambient light. Not surprising , and it did make it drift significantly and was obvious when low to the ground. It only had GPS to rely on.

Just had to be on the sticks when low to the ground but not super unstable.

I'm sure this would be really amplified if GPS was also no actice (ATTI mode).

Reactions: EsiMavic
Same with me. Looked like my MP had a few too many beers or something when it was close to the ground. Maybe it was hanging out with Tiger Woods. Lol...

Reactions: scooot and EsiMavic
I've had good experiences with night flying. I've taken several high quality long exposure night pictures as well. And it couldn't do this if it was drifting significantly.

The next Mavic should have infrared sensors like the Spark... However, it may be interpreted as tacit approval of night flights...

Reactions: EsiMavic
I played around with a night flight the other night and VPS was disabled due to lack of ambient light. Not surprising , and it did make it drift significantly and was obvious when low to the ground. It only had GPS to rely on.

Just had to be on the sticks when low to the ground but not super unstable.

I'm sure this would be really amplified if GPS was also no actice (ATTI mode).

Yeah I notice that when low to the ground that is why I'm afraid to send it up coz how much more drift it will do when high up in the air :)

Are you sure you waited for it to get a good GPS lock before taking off? I've flown at night and it's been totally stable. If you take off as soon as it says ready to fly you may be starting your flight using the vision system (or atti) only and waiting for it to get GPS lock in the air, which isn't good even during the day because it hasn't saved the home point yet.

Are you sure you waited for it to get a good GPS lock before taking off? I've flown at night and it's been totally stable. If you take off as soon as it says ready to fly you may be starting your flight using the vision system (or atti) only and waiting for it to get GPS lock in the air, which isn't good even during the day because it hasn't saved the home point yet.
Yes full gps lock but not stable. :(

I have the same results when flying over creek beds in dense woods. Mavic gets freaked out unless I turn off the sensors.

Turn off the sensors? You guys joking or this will really work? I just tried a night flight and my little Mavic had a small crash due to the drift (low light). Thought it was really weird that it was moving on its own with my hands off the controller.

Turn off the sensors? You guys joking or this will really work? I just tried a night flight and my little Mavic had a small crash due to the drift (low light). Thought it was really weird that it was moving on its own with my hands off the controller.
Just the landing protection.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan