DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1st time drone user!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!​

Good day/evening to everyone, I just purchased my 1st drone! I ordered the Mavic Air 2 which should be here sometime this week. I'm ready to dive into the world of drones and thought I would pop in and say hello. All tips and what not is welcome. Looking forward to chatting with everyone.
Your going to love it,this is one smart drones I've had mine for 3 weeks now.just make sure u get dji refresh if u want it because 0nce u activate your drone you have to send in video proof that is 100% ok.so talk to dji before activation.I am new to drones also and have been practicing different maneuvers in back yard before looking for a safe and legal place

Good day/evening to everyone, I just purchased my 1st drone! I ordered the Mavic Air 2 which should be here sometime this week. I'm ready to dive into the world of drones and thought I would pop in and say hello. All tips and what not is welcome. Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Again thank you everyone for the warm welcome! Today is the day I get my drone! I feel like a little kid looking out the window waiting for the package to arrive.

I feel like a little kid looking out the window waiting for the package to arrive.

When I was a small boy in the 1950s, most Breakfast Cereals offered small toys and such on the back of the cereal box for a quarter or two (for our non-US friends, a quarter is 25 cents…). You could cut the section of the box out, tape the coin or two inside, and fold it and it formed its own envelope and "send it away…"

I remember mailing the box top away in the morning, but came running home after school to see if it arrived yet… Back then, mail was delivered twice a day…

And I still get that feeling today, as it turns out, at this very moment, I ordered the DJI Mini 2 Battery Charging Hub last weekend and I feel like a kid every day looking out the window waiting for the package to arrive. It's due to arrive in a day or two…

In the photo of the Sugar Smacks Cereal, you can see one of the offers I sent away for. The Speedboat was about 3-inches long and you popped the top off and put a pinch of Baking Soda inside with a bit of water. The baking soda would give off a bit of gas and a bubble would pop out of the back, propelling it along at about 6-inches a minute. The surfboard (with rider) acted more like an anchor…

But no matter how disappointing the toy or trinket, it never dampened the feeling, Some things never change…

As for your New Air 2, read the manual, read it twice, go slow, you have plenty of time to enjoy your new baby…

Sugar.png

Wow! That boat really creates a heck of a wake! Mom was probably PO having to clean up all that water! I remember those offers from when I was a kid. Cracker Jack used to give a trinket in every box. Now if they would only stick drones in the box…

Now if they would only stick drones in the box…

Since you remember those offers, I have fulfilled your wish, I give a "Drone in a Box...'

box.jpg

Hi and welcome, altitude and slow is your friend. Fly high and slow unto you gain experience. If you can use flight sim before you actually fly. Enjoy the hobby.

Wow! That boat really creates a heck of a wake! Mom was probably PO having to clean up all that water! I remember those offers from when I was a kid. Cracker Jack used to give a trinket in every box. Now if they would only stick drones in the box…

I remember those days of rings being found in a box. Stupid stickers..

I still get that feeling today, as it turns out, at this very moment, I ordered the DJI Mini 2 Battery Charging Hub last weekend and I feel like a kid every day looking out the window waiting for the package to arrive. It's due to arrive in a day or two

I heard the Mail Carrier stop at my mail box. Wahoo, it's here, I ran outside dodging the Rain and Hail, between the flashes of Lightning and the roar of Thunder, to get my package. In spite of the weather, it arrived safely... But... See the weather map and flight projection... (PS: LoudThunder Not Complaining... Just Saying...)

I hope your Air 2 arrives Safely and Quickly...

Attachments

• clouds.png
    clouds.png
    280.8 KB · Views: 2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78