DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2.4 vs 5.8 and Yagi Udas

Reactions
I'm a newb and my Mini 2 is being delivered today.

I currently have a Mini SE. I have 5.8 Yagi Udas for the SE and they work pretty well. In a beach setting with lots of high rises and residences along the water front, I was able to push the Mini SE over a mile running parallel/over the beach - not out to sea.

In terms of maximizing range on a Mini 2 in unpopulated areas, would it make sense to run it at 2.4? That would entail having 2 sets of Yagi Udas - 5.8 and 2.4. It's like $10 - no big deal. just wondering if
1. 2.4 is significantly better
2. If anyone carries 2 sets of Yagis.

BTW, I am in the US

I'm a newb and my Mini 2 is being delivered today.

I currently have a Mini SE. I have 5.8 Yagi Udas for the SE and they work pretty well. In a beach setting with lots of high rises and residences along the water front, I was able to push the Mini SE over a mile running parallel/over the beach - not out to sea.

In terms of maximizing range on a Mini 2 in unpopulated areas, would it make sense to run it at 2.4? That would entail having 2 sets of Yagi Udas - 5.8 and 2.4. It's like $10 - no big deal. just wondering if
1. 2.4 is significantly better
2. If anyone carries 2 sets of Yagis.

BTW, I am in the US
I’m in Australia, have only one frequency choice on my Mini SE which is 5.4ghz, no choice of 2.4ghz, I’m lucky if I achieve a distance of 500m, maybe +/- 600m if using yagi antennas attached to RC antennas, I believe 2.4ghz gives greater distance. Is your Mini SE have duel frequency ?

When you fly the Mini2, throw your Yagi into the wastebasket. And you will remember SE with Wi-Fi as a bad dream.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21