DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal strange of 5.8 GHz in Europe

00raq00

Reactions
I've tested my mini 2 5.8 ghz and it is not working properly (when i'm few centimeters from drone i have 2 or 1 bar signal with 5.8, i'm live in europe) i have the newest firmware version 1.06.02 in drone and RC and dji app 1.9.
My drone's serial number starts from 3 (gen1) not from 5 (gen2)
I'm confused about that because it is quite brand new (5 flights) drone. Anyone in Europe has normal signal strength of 5.8 GHz (so mine may be a hardware issue not software)

On DJI forum i saw that problem with 5.8 GHz could be caused by 1.03.00 firmware (first post that i found is, after update to 1.03.00 5.8 GHz stopped working properly...)

Reactions: ghvsoftarts
It os not related only to limit by CE region. I know that this exists but signal strength of 5.8 s too low (below my video that i sent to DJI support. On DJI forum you can find many posts about broken 5.8 GHz in mini 2 :⁠-⁠(

can you test the signal between the drone and the phone without using the controller?

I've tested my mini 2 5.8 ghz and it is not working properly (when i'm few centimeters from drone i have 2 or 1 bar signal with 5.8, i'm live in europe) i have the newest firmware version 1.06.02 in drone and RC and dji app 1.9.
My drone's serial number starts from 3 (gen1) not from 5 (gen2)
I'm confused about that because it is quite brand new (5 flights) drone. Anyone in Europe has normal signal strength of 5.8 GHz (so mine may be a hardware issue not software)

On DJI forum i saw that problem with 5.8 GHz could be caused by 1.03.00 firmware (first post that i found is, after update to 1.03.00 5.8 GHz stopped working properly...)

Hello 00raq00, Did you find any solution to this problem?
I'm facing the same problem here in Brazil.

I bought my Mini 2 in november last in my trip to Canada but now I´m in Brazil and everythig was working great with the firmware 01.06.0000 until last week when I update to the firmware 01.06.0200 and RC 04.11.0200.
If you have some news about that, please share.

Hello 00raq00, Did you find any solution to this problem?
I'm facing the same problem here in Brazil.

I bought my Mini 2 in november last in my trip to Canada but now I´m in Brazil and everythig was working great with the firmware 01.06.0000 until last week when I update to the firmware 01.06.0200 and RC 04.11.0200.
If you have some news about that, please share.
I was talking to DJI support and i sent them logs from aircraft. Unfortunately they ask to send drone and remote controller to DJI service. It should be delivered tomorrow, so i hope that they will solve issue. I will update this thread if they replace mainboard, downgrade firmware etc

Edit: you have rev 1 of mini 2 (serial number 3xxxx not 5xxxx) right?

Reactions: ghvsoftarts
I was talking to DJI support and i sent them logs from aircraft. Unfortunately they ask to send drone and remote controller to DJI service. It should be delivered tomorrow, so i hope that they will solve issue. I will update this thread if they replace mainboard, downgrade firmware etc

Edit: you have rev 1 of mini 2 (serial number 3xxxx not 5xxxx) right?
OK thank you for the reply.

Yes I have the rev 1 MINI 2. ( Serial 3xxx)

It's strange because I cannot see any rev 2 (serial 5xxxx) with this issue on DJI forum...
Yes, I agree with you. It's also that.
I already searched about that in DJI forum and only owners of the REV 1 drones are reporting this issue.
Today I openned a support case in DJI Brazil and the attendent told me that has others support cases similar to our case.
I can hope for the best.
I will update this thread too ASAP with the final story.
Tks.

Reactions: Iron_tuxer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne