DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 minutes flight then RTH.

Panda1812

Reactions
My battery for drone and controller are fully charged yet after 2 minutes of flight it go into return to home sequence, when landed the drone battery is 80% and controller is similar.

Can anyone offer advise please.

Is this the case with all batteries? I am assuming you have more than one?

Hello BDOG ,

Yes it occurs with different sets of batteries , I can manouvre drone for maybe 2 minutes but it then ascends to altitude and RTH.

This is abnormal behavior for sure. Do you hear a tone from the Remote Controller as if the button for RTH is being pressed when it initiates the RTH? You can try and completely remove the DJI GO 4 app. Restart device and then reload. Write down all your custom settings within the app before removing it as those settings will need to be input again after reinstall.

This is abnormal behavior for sure. Do you hear a tone from the Remote Controller as if the button for RTH is being pressed when it initiates the RTH? You can try and completely remove the DJI GO 4 app. Restart device and then reload. Write down all your custom settings within the app before removing it as those settings will need to be input again after reinstall.
BDOG, Thank you for your assistance , there is no tone from controller and RTH takes control.

I will follow your advice and update you with results within the hour.

Best regards.

OK. So it seems it would not be a physically "stuck" RTH Button on the Remote Controller.
Is the drone new and this has been exhibited since new? Or has this drone worked without this issue in the past? Dropped Remote Controller at any point?

OK. So it seems it would not be a physically "stuck" RTH Button on the Remote Controller.
Is the drone new and this has been exhibited since new? Or has this drone worked without this issue in the past? Dropped Remote Controller at any point?
BDOG , Since new I have had no problems wtth the drone , it only started occuring two days ago, I can start the flight but after 2 minutes it starts RTH sequence automatically.

The drone and controller have never been dropped or damaged.

Did you check out your TXT flight log? It might explain what happened.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kzenoxx