DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Activation Issue

I didn't have activation issues but I did have issues updating the AC's firmware using Go 4 on HTC 10. Remote updated OK but for AC kept getting network error as it proceded to update, as if it was losing internet connection over WiFi. WiFi signal was excellent. Firmware was too big for me to use LTE. Assistant 2 worked.

I had the same issue with activation, thanks for the guidance, worked like a charm.

I initially had the same problem. There shouldn't be any need to reinstall the app.

This is how I sorted it...

1) Turn off the drone & Controller if on
2) Open the app
3) Logout of the app
4) Log back in on the app
5) Turn the drone & controller back on and activate/update.

Had the same issue.
On the activate page I selected change email and entered my password.
Connected to server.
Done

Unfortunately, none of the above has worked for me. I'm just getting the error 400 message. I only managed to get the firmware to update through Assistant 2. Update failed through Go. Still not able to activate though!

Well, same problem here. I have tried many other things that were pointed out. However, I am in a a B&B condo where the Wi-Fi is slow. That may be the problem, or one of the problems,

I gave up with DJI customer waste of time and space services and returned the M2P after 1.5 weeks of shockingly useless customer services. There was no sign of resolution in sight. How can you have customer services operating a night shift in the Philippines as though operating in a UK time whilst communicating China under a 8 hours time difference and all by online messenger? We got nowhere one question at a time!!! There seems to be no connection between customer services and persons operating the DJI activation / licence server.

Anyways after I swapped the M2P for a new one... the new one activated in seconds. The firmware update still had to be undertaken via DJI Assistant 2 as it would not update via the G04 app.

I guess its luck that I'm not waiting for customer services to call me back as promised!! It appears that they have forgotten! I'm certainly not going to waste my time letting them know that I don't have the same M2P any more!

Like others, my 2 Pro showed up a day early as well. Got everything charged, got the aircraft and the controller talking to each other, fired up Go 4, went through all the questions, and when I got to the activate button and tapped it, it went gray and hasn’t changed in two or three hours. I tried powering everything down rebooting the iPad and starting over. Same thing. I do get one message, ”Synchronizing server info.” Anyone else having a similar problem?

I realize there are thousands and thousands of people activating today so the servers are undoubtedly busy but this seems a little ridiculous.

BTW, long-time MP lurker, infrequent poster.

TIA,

KB
My issue was with updating the Go 4 program which turned out to be a nightmare it would start and stop I was at it for several hours because evertime I restarted I gained a few percentage points towards comptetion this was using an android device. I then switched to an IOS Ipad mini which carried through and completed the update. I was getting a message about internet disconneting over and over again, the ipad mini completed the install.
Now that I think about it I also had the issue with activation using my android phone. I finally go to the last step which I couldn't complete and a message was left (contact DJI service) I didn't but the drone flys with no issues. This message pops up at the beginning of strating when I use my android phone only. My Ipad mini and 5.5 Crystalsky monitor work fiawlessly.

Last edited:
Curt: It is very unfortunate but it does appear that DJI gave Apple a bit more work than Android. Glad you got the update for both. Enjoy that new toy, I sure am.

KB

Curt: It is very unfortunate but it does appear that DJI gave Apple a bit more work than Android. Glad you got the update for both. Enjoy that new toy, I sure am.

KB

Talked to DJI tech support today and they confirmed Crystal Sky does not work with CrystalSky monitor. They are “supposedly” working on a fix.
A $900 monitor an it’s a brick.

I got my new mavic 2 last Tues. I've screwed with this for a week! Tried three different wifi connections and LTE . Tried I new iPad, mini2, iPhone 7s, iPhone x and a unlisted Droid. I now have three DJI accounts. I've been on the phone with "support" every day it's open. They have issued a return on this because they've hit dead ends. The last level two tech told me to keep trying. I've even gotten up in the middle of the night to try. I'm at a loss. I've read a ton about other people having the same issues but nobody posts a fix to this. Please help!
You think you had problems activating your Mavic 2 pro. I was at this for about 4 hours. It would start to load and it freezes. Iwould start it up again and maybe get 2% more and it would freeze I did this continuously getting 2 and 3% more each time I restarted. I was using an android based cell phone up until the end when it was time to push activation, nothing happen. I switched to my IOS Ipad mini and it activated, but it left a message to contact DJI tech support. Everything worked so I left it alone and it still works fine. I'm now using my Crystalsky monitor and everthing is fine. I'm scared to think about the next program update and what trouble that might cause.

Like others, my 2 Pro showed up a day early as well. Got everything charged, got the aircraft and the controller talking to each other, fired up Go 4, went through all the questions, and when I got to the activate button and tapped it, it went gray and hasn’t changed in two or three hours. I tried powering everything down rebooting the iPad and starting over. Same thing. I do get one message, ”Synchronizing server info.” Anyone else having a similar problem?

I realize there are thousands and thousands of people activating today so the servers are undoubtedly busy but this seems a little ridiculous.

BTW, long-time MP lurker, infrequent poster.

TIA,

KB
Uninstall and reload DJI 4 and it should work.

My problem was the gimbal lock had come loose from the cover during shipment, and the gimbal was wedged ... so I guess the activation stalled ... Updated the GO-4 app and removed the lock and AOK ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR