DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Activation Issue

kilomikebravo

Reactions
Like others, my 2 Pro showed up a day early as well. Got everything charged, got the aircraft and the controller talking to each other, fired up Go 4, went through all the questions, and when I got to the activate button and tapped it, it went gray and hasn’t changed in two or three hours. I tried powering everything down rebooting the iPad and starting over. Same thing. I do get one message, ”Synchronizing server info.” Anyone else having a similar problem?

I realize there are thousands and thousands of people activating today so the servers are undoubtedly busy but this seems a little ridiculous.

BTW, long-time MP lurker, infrequent poster.

TIA,

KB

Last edited:
The same thing happened on Dec. 25th.

You’re the man, Beeveritt! Many, many thanks, you saved me a lot of time and I STILL may get her up before sundown!

I had just updated the app a few days ago so I assumed it was up to date. Even Apple didn’t show a new one but when I deleted and reinstalled what came down from the cloud was definitely a newer version.

So now I’m doing the firmware updates, RC and aircraft. The RC update takes about a minute or two but it looks like the aircraft update is going to take about 20 to 30 minutes.

I can’t wait!

Thanks again, “Bru”

Yep, my MP2 Zoom did the same thing. Now firmware update stuck at 2% for about 20 mins. May just try first thing in the morning. Dying to get it in the air!

Dale: Sounds like it’s a WiFi issue, can you check the downstream bandwidth from that location with your phone or other wireless device? I’ve also found things work a little better if the aircraft it about ten feet or so away from the controller..indoors, that is.

Hope you get ‘em downloaded soon and you’re out flying pronto! I just did my first test flight around the property and now I’m gonna try some quickshots I think.

KB

I got my new mavic 2 last Tues. I've screwed with this for a week! Tried three different wifi connections and LTE . Tried I new iPad, mini2, iPhone 7s, iPhone x and a unlisted Droid. I now have three DJI accounts. I've been on the phone with "support" every day it's open. They have issued a return on this because they've hit dead ends. The last level two tech told me to keep trying. I've even gotten up in the middle of the night to try. I'm at a loss. I've read a ton about other people having the same issues but nobody posts a fix to this. Please help!

I got my new mavic 2 last Tues. I've screwed with this for a week! Tried three different wifi connections and LTE . Tried I new iPad, mini2, iPhone 7s, iPhone x and a unlisted Droid. I now have three DJI accounts. I've been on the phone with "support" every day it's open. They have issued a return on this because they've hit dead ends. The last level two tech told me to keep trying. I've even gotten up in the middle of the night to try. I'm at a loss. I've read a ton about other people having the same issues but nobody posts a fix to this. Please help!
Also if someone can state what devices work to activate their mav2 that would be great. I am not a apple user. I have my eye on the pixel XL. The one thing I think is crazy is the only phone, to my knowledge, that sports the hasselblad name is the motorola Droid. It's accepts the mod with optical zoom. Seems like it would be in their best interest to push DJI to make that phone work considering.

Have you tried the Assistant 2 program on your PC? I've read in another forum where that worked when nothing else would. Don't forget to download the latest version, older ones do not have support for it.

I'm using my pixel 2 with the M2P & Go4 App which wouldn't let me download the firmware. On activation had to connect the drone to my Mac & use the DJI Assistant app to download & Update firmware and that did the job.

Have you tried the Assistant 2 program on your PC? I've read in another forum where that worked when nothing else would. Don't forget to download the latest version, older ones do not have support for it.
Yes. I tried that too. There is only one firmware update so far. No older options. I updated both the mv and rc several times each hoping for a new version. Also programed all three battery packs.

You haven't clearly described what is happening, so it's difficult to help you. And where did you read about others having the same problem?

You haven't clearly described what is happening, so it's difficult to help you. And where did you read about others having the same problem?
Sorry. I have been through this a ton. When activating I get to the 8th step. My email is entered and logged in. When I click activate it gives me a network error. Same thing across all platforms but the Android gives me a error message 500 or 400. Apple seems to not give an error number. Yes I have WiFi

Sorry. I have been through this a ton. When activating I get to the 8th step. My email is entered and logged in. When I click activate it gives me a network error. Same thing across all platforms but the Android gives me a error message 500 or 400. Apple seems to not give an error number. Yes I have WiFi

OK - if you have tried more than one wifi network and you are running the new version of the GO app that supports the M2, and the new version of Assistant 2 for the M2 then that does suggest a problem with the hardware.

Reactions: Tresco
OK - if you have tried more than one wifi network and you are running the new version of the GO app that supports the M2, and the new version of Assistant 2 for the M2 then that does suggest a problem with the hardware.
Bummer. I was afraid of this....

Bummer. I was afraid of this....

Do not take my opinion as at all definitive - I haven't seen exactly what you have done and I'm simply assuming that you have correctly followed all the steps. It worked first time for me (actually make that second time - I forgot to update the GO app the first time), and I just cannot think of what else to try.

Reactions: Tresco
I tried much of the above with no result. What seemed to work was on the last screen where the activate button is you will see your email and a “change email” link. I hit that and it took me to another sign-in page where I entered my password. That led to contacting the server and successful activation. No clue why it worked.

Reactions: old_hat
I tried much of the above with no result. What seemed to work was on the last screen where the activate button is you will see your email and a “change email” link. I hit that and it took me to another sign-in page where I entered my password. That led to contacting the server and successful activation. No clue why it worked.

I was having Activation issues the first day I receive my aircraft, and I ended up doing the same thing that jaymo had to do, and it worked.

Reactions: dcrist66
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi