DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2019 iPad Monitor

Watash48

Reactions
Can anyone please help me select the best iPad monitor to connect to my Mavic2 Pro controller. The crystal sky is out of my budget and does not support iOS litchi app.

IMHO you should be fine with an iPad Mini 4 or a iPad Air 2 and above. If it's not bright enough for you or to help with cutting down glare, I'd suggest picking up a Hoodman Drone Aviator Hood to go along with it. I've also found wearing a dark colored shirt to help tremendously in cutting down screen glare.

IMHO you should be fine with an iPad Mini 4 or a iPad Air 2 and above. If it's not bright enough for you or to help with cutting down glare, I'd suggest picking up a Hoodman Drone Aviator Hood to go along with it. I've also found wearing a dark colored shirt to help tremendously in cutting down screen glare.
Thank you

How about the iPad Mini 5?

Reactions: Watash48
The latest iPad 9.7 works well. A friend of mine picked one up a couple of months ago to use with his DJI Phantom and is very pleased with the performance.

I've been using an older iPad Pro 9.7 for the last couple of years with my Phantom 4 and Mavic 2. I really like the larger display. You can see so much more than you can with phones and smaller tablets. Plus all the controls are larger as well.

The iPad Mini 4's are 2013 technology and grossly overpriced (more expensive than the 2018 iPad 9.7").

The iPad Mini 5 and 2019 iPad 10" will be announced this quarter if you can wait, and the Mini 5 is rumored to see a huge price reduction to bring it back down to earth.

Unless you get a screamin' deal, I suggest not wasting your money on a 6 year old iPad that is inexplicably priced higher than the 2018 tech.

The iPad Mini 4's are 2013 technology and grossly overpriced (more expensive than the 2018 iPad 9.7").

The iPad Mini 5 and 2019 iPad 10" will be announced this quarter if you can wait, and the Mini 5 is rumored to see a huge price reduction to bring it back down to earth.

Unless you get a screamin' deal, I suggest not wasting your money on a 6 year old iPad that is inexplicably priced higher than the 2018 tech.

Agreed. Unless you're in a rush, I'd hold off a bit.

Watash: I agree with CD although I started with the Mini4 that I used with the M1 and as others have said, it works just fine with an M2. But, I found that I still wanted more screen real estate so I picked up the 9.7 iPad 2018 and it is even better than the Mini4 both in display quality as well as size and, as CD said, it was cheaper.. Still use a sunshade with the iPad though and of course, you have to get a tablet holder, etc., etc., etc. If you do opt for the Mini4 to avoid the whole tablet holder drill, I'm sure you will be quite happy with it.

HOWEVER COMMA, I AM seriously considering the new SC but I think I'll wait until all the issues are sorted out.

Semper Fi! :)

Can anyone please help me select the best iPad monitor to connect to my Mavic2 Pro controller. The crystal sky is out of my budget and does not support iOS litchi app.
It does support litchi you have to side load it. I use crystal sky and iPad mini 4 and iPad Pro 10.5” and maverio glasses but the iPads are the fastest and easiest to get up fast until the smart controller.

David thanks I never thought about the color of my shirt see reading these posts you can find helpful info.

David thanks I never thought about the color of my shirt see reading these posts you can find helpful info.

Glad I could help! It's a trick I've learned when doing a lot of behind the glass shooting at hockey games. ;)

Watash: I agree with CD although I started with the Mini4 that I used with the M1 and as others have said, it works just fine with an M2. But, I found that I still wanted more screen real estate so I picked up the 9.7 iPad 2018 and it is even better than the Mini4 both in display quality as well as size and, as CD said, it was cheaper.. Still use a sunshade with the iPad though and of course, you have to get a tablet holder, etc., etc., etc. If you do opt for the Mini4 to avoid the whole tablet holder drill, I'm sure you will be quite happy with it.

HOWEVER COMMA, I AM seriously considering the new SC but I think I'll wait until all the issues are sorted out.

Semper Fi! :)

Thank you... Semper-Fi

I use the 11 inch Ipad Pro but I am seriously eying a 7 inch Crystal sky. I keep looking for a good price on ebay.

I like the Ipad but here in Florida in the summer it's just not bright enough even with a hood.

Semi-unrelated, but if you're ever on a helicopter tour that is not open-door, do the same and wear dark clothing and cover up bare skin - if nothing else for the benefit of the other passengers. Reflections can ruin the view in those scenarios, especially if anyone is trying to take photos :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98