DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2G 3G and 4G shutting down

I can't imagine that there are phones out there that can be purchased NEW that are not at least 4G capable. And I doubt a legacy 2G/3G phone has a processor that can handle the DJI Fly app.

The article states that 4G will be around for at least another decade. In a year or two all phones will support 5G. Then 6G will on the horizon. I, for one, will be happy to still be above ground when 4G goes away.

No reason to panic. Breathe.

I can't imagine that there are phones out there that can be purchased NEW that are not at least 4G capable. And I doubt a legacy 2G/3G phone has a processor that can handle the DJI Fly app.

The article states that 4G will be around for at least another decade. In a year or two all phones will support 5G. Then 6G will on the horizon. I, for one, will be happy to still be above ground when 4G goes away.

No reason to panic. Breathe.
I'm not panicking ?But there might be people out there still using old technology chips that eventually will quit working. To me 4g right now works better than 5G anyways

I had bought one of the first trackimo GPS trackers. At the time it only worked on 2G. About two weeks later my provider switched everything over to 3G rendering the trackimo useless. This is where these changes will make a difference to people.

Reactions: Drone_Pilot
I'm not panicking ?But there might be people out there still using old technology chips that eventually will quit working. To me 4g right now works better than 5G anyways
The last iPhone Apple made that did not have 4G support was the iPhone 4S, released in late 2011. My Samsung Galaxy S4 from 2013 supports 4G but only has a 32-bit processor so it won't run DJI Fly.

Unless someone is buying a used phone that is 8+ years old, it should support 4G but the processor might be problematic. Even some current Android phones have problems with the app.

A phone that does not support 4G, is likely close to 10 years old and probably can't run the app. I'd be shocked if anyone with a DJI drone/Fly app has a phone that can't do 4G or 5G, even if their local network is limited to 3G.

Reactions: Drone_Pilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet