DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3-Blade propeller for MP1 ?

My .02 worth....
I would imagine that DJI has done extensive testing on the right props for their product.
Take in consideration the load on the motors, the resistance of the motors, keeping them cool while flying.
Any alteration of this would probably void the warranty as the load of the motors would be recorded and sent back to DJI for that serial number of drone.
Now military helicopters are a different animal. The propeller being it to be 2 blade or 4 blade has
a lot of engineering behind it. The torque of the engine, the load on the transmission.
I'm going to stay with what DJI uses.
Other experimenting would be interesting to know never the less.

Reactions: mnis
Sorry ... But for now nothing will come from my side, as I basically do not fly this season and have a lot to do with other projects. Maybe I'll come in between for flying and testing, and then I'll talk about it.

As I am not a professor of anything, but am a owner of a Mavic Pro, I will say from a laymans point of view that I have a set of the 3 blade props on mine and I love them...RPM runs about 30 to 50 RPM less, they are soooo quiet, at around 80 to 100 feet, I don't hardly hear the drown, and last I will say, I find them to be more responsive, just plain quicker in every move...Just yesterday, had it hovering over my house at 400 ft. Let it sit there for about 10 min. as I was doing a 360deg video...It never wavered, moved, droped and last I will tell you, from the center of the blade to the tip is the same on both 2 and 3 blade props...Just my view...Hope it helps..............

As I am not a professor of anything, but am a owner of a Mavic Pro, I will say from a laymans point of view that I have a set of the 3 blade props on mine and I love them...RPM runs about 30 to 50 RPM less, they are soooo quiet, at around 80 to 100 feet, I don't hardly hear the drown, and last I will say, I find them to be more responsive, just plain quicker in every move...Just yesterday, had it hovering over my house at 400 ft. Let it sit there for about 10 min. as I was doing a 360deg video...It never wavered, moved, droped and last I will tell you, from the center of the blade to the tip is the same on both 2 and 3 blade props...Just my view...Hope it helps..............
Any better flight time?

When using third-party products with our Mavic, it is especially important to know that DJI will refuse any responsibility in case of problems. Only during the warranty period is this very important.

If you like experimenting, you should approach it with double care and enough basic knowledge. You can not rule out any risk, but a trained eye and a good dose of skepticism can help gauge the quality of replicas or tuning parts.

If you are testing third-party things for the first time, do so in a secure environment so as not to endanger anyone. The engineers at DJI certainly know their products best, but they are not gods either. There is no further reason to swear solely on its products.

We need the admonishing words to get a better awareness of risky changes to something. But we also always need people who are prepared to take risks in other ways in order to gain new insights.

To come back to the 3-blade propellers again:
I agree to exchange a few minutes of flight time for a more stable flight behavior. I'm looking forward to seeing what we can find out ...

According to current findings, a lower overall flight time is to be expected, in return you will receive a subjectively much quieter flight noise, as well as a visibly more stable flight behavior ...

This is already an old thread but I have to say that I am impressed about the effort you all have put to this subject. I was also wondering what are those third-party products and 3 blade props, looking for more information and found it here. Thank you all about pros and cons explained here, now I can make my own decision about this. Great to be a part of this community!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7