DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Much Needed Improvements on Mavic Mini

yes i did, if you want you cand read my topic here on the forum and there on DJI forum
At this moment the drone is in the service in netherland, i said i will post here what they say it was the reason
Sorry but the DJI forum is the last place where you'll find any intelligent discussion.
DJI aren't going to provide a good explanation quickly.
Please point me to the relevant post.
Is the recorded flight data there to analyse?

Until you analyse the recorded flight data, it's pointless making assumptions about cause of the incident.

Reactions: WooZie
Sorry but the DJI forum is the last place where you'll find any intelligent discussion.
DJI aren't going to provide a good explanation quickly.
Please point me to the relevant post.
Is the recorded flight data there to analyse?

Until you analyse the recorded flight data, it's pointless making assumptions about cause of the incident.
there are only screenshots like mine, with that error, but...i don't know why dji does not want to answer

there are only screenshots like mine, with that error, but...i don't know why dji does not want to answer
Only screenshots?
Then you have no idea what was the cause of the incident.
DJI are slow to do things.
Get the flight data from your phone or tablet and post it here so someone can look into it for you.

Only screenshots?
Then you have no idea what was the cause of the incident.
DJI are slow to do things.
Get the flight data from your phone or tablet and post it here so someone can look into it for you.
ok, maybe you did not see my thread here, look the analysis of my crash

ok, maybe you did not see my thread here, look the analysis of my crash
You've had experts tell you what the issue was in posts #21 and #33 in that thread.
Now all you have to do is wait for DJI.
Stop worrying, ignore the DJI forum and do something else.

Reactions: WooZie
i thought it is a general issue, everybody tells about it, so this is why i wrote everywhere. Ok i will follow your advice, thanks

Improvements should be following
Manual camera settings control on video mode
Ability to tune sticks (speed, brake, expo)
ability to disable downward sensors

Reactions: telecam
ESC comments appreciated but can we focus on the OP and the top 3 much needed features?

Improvements should be following
Manual camera settings control on video mode
Ability to tune sticks (speed, brake, expo)
ability to disable downward sensors

Better video will come from flying in Auto and adjusting the exposure and locking it in with AE lock
There may be a hack in the future from one of the more popular NFZ /s to disable those sensor as that is a real possibility.

But as far as the controls, your best off saving for the Mavic 3 , which is most likely going to be designed like the Mini but with more bells and whistles.

Phantomrain.org
Gear for your mavic.
Coal

Last edited:
Reactions: telecam
Not exactly on topic but is the focus on the Mavic Mini fixed in video mode? I found myself touching the phone screen to get it to focus like I do with my Mavic Pro but that doesn’t seem to do anything.

Not exactly on topic but is the focus on the Mavic Mini fixed in video mode? I found myself touching the phone screen to get it to focus like I do with my Mavic Pro but that doesn’t seem to do anything.
It fixed in any mode, no matter video or photo

Following a day of testing, here are the top 3 improvements I'd like to see on the Mavic Mini:

1. Manual White Balance with choice of Kelvin setting and Sunny, Overcast, Incandescent
2. Ajustable speed on the "Circle" quick shot setting. Way to fast now.
3. Add "Follow Me" mode in Quick Shots

Overall, great impression for a v1.0 product. The aircraft flies very smooth considering its size and weight. Image quality is superb at 2.7K resolution and the 40 Mbps data rate shows no obvious compression artifacts, flickering or moirée seen on other DJI starter drones in the past. Overall picture colors is on the punchy side and a bit contrasty but hopefully, software updates will bring a few picture profiles choice and/or a manual color setting mode.

I would love 5 step bracketing compensation, manual makes me lose my mind in cold weather.

because i saw on the DJI forum everybody has this issue, on the screen "insufficient power" and in the logs "not enough force" that means not only outside, even indoor i had that errors, that is not caused by wind, but from ESC

I think people are pushing those little drones a bit too much.

Here is the test: switch to C mode and tell me if you get insufficient power.

I only get insufficient power when flying hard in wind in S mode, I can smell the batteries are cooking from the distance. This is not a racing drone... After 10 min in S mode at full throttle, you will get a lot of errors if anyone is still pushing it it is asking for trouble.

personally ,i do not think there is any inherent fault in the ESCs ,everything on this drone has been minaturised ,from the props, to the electronics in the power train, there will be firmware updates that provide solutions to issues being encountered right now this is nothing new and happens with every new model
there are no issues with ESCs there, it is simply a 2S powered drone with weak motors and an exceptional loiter time. it is not designed to sustain wind and not intended to fly miles away at 500m altitudes. people just have unrealistic demands for this 250g micro drone.
we had 20mph wind yesterday,more today, i got it to the level of the house roof and just by screams of motors i could tell it was maxing out trying to maintain position, which is totally fine for what it is.

i have flown 9 batteries through mine now, at various locations ,and not once during that time ,did i get any messages about any issues with battery power or motors, this little drone complements my MPP, i have used it mostly to fly in restricted areas through and under trees in woodland,with the prop cages fitted ,it is virtually crash proof and its size and weight mean it is not going to harm what it hits, of course it is only safe to do so when there are not other people about,on one of the flights i did take it up to 155 ft and go out around 600 ft again no warnings, perhaps some who already fly other mavics ,are as you say being unrealistic in their expectations,of what it can do

I think people are pushing those little drones a bit too much.

Here is the test: switch to C mode and tell me if you get insufficient power.
yes i did, even indoor like i said before, no matter what mode i have, the message appears, and people i don't think to wnat more than the little drone can offer, but is write anywhere that i cannot fly in sport mode? Why is that mode put there, they could limit the speed at 25km/h without sport mode if the drone cannot sustain this speed

yes i did, even indoor like i said before, no matter what mode i have, the message appears, and people i don't think to wnat more than the little drone can offer, but is write anywhere that i cannot fly in sport mode? Why is that mode put there, they could limit the speed at 25km/h without sport mode if the drone cannot sustain this speed

Maybe there is something with your drone, I can fly C mode all day long and will not get those messages, but if I will use S against the wind it will eventually give me a warning.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr James