DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic mini crashed without a reason

WooZie

Reactions
Hello, my MM has died today...why? I don't know, it was in the air at aprox 70 meters alt and one time the motors stopped and fall down rapidly
here is the log and here the video. I bought it last week, this is the second flight and died, i don't know what to do, plase all of you, take a look at this parameters and tell me what can i do. Thank you and excuse me my poor english

The log says one motor has been blocked and that matches with the impression I got from looking at the video.
Where did you take off and land before? Is it possible that some particles, e.g. sand has been blown into one of the motors?
Are all propeller blades still on the motors? Can you still turn all the motors by hand?

i did takeoff and landing on a solid road, everything clean, but how you can see on the log, until crashed was no error, how can it be fly 400 meters without errors and then blocked motor? Two motors are blocked because the drone fall on the back side, i mean with the motors down, the blades are all at their place, it was the second flight since i have it

Thats a little ODD ?

:( i am disapointed, i waited so much, i was happy when arrived, but now i am sad, because i don't know what is the procedure of DJI, they can see the logs and that i do not have any blame? Do you think guys they will change my craft or not? I am 100 procent that was a factory issue, or electronics, or something a motor blows up...i don't know

Ther only thing you can do now is contacting DJI for hopefully repair on warranty. Maybe there was a particle within one motor from factory on, they need to check each of the motors for the reason to fail.

Btw. this is one reason why I always take off my hand and grab my Mavics (Pro and Mini) in air instead of landing, to avoid getting particles into motors, gimbals and cooling system...

Yes, get a ticket opened with DJI asap.
If a motor failed being so new, it is possibly / probably a warranty issue, and they should do the right thing.
They'll probably send you a label to send it in for assessment, hope you still have the packaging, the original box is safest for shipping.

Glad it didn't fall into that lake !
How far away did you find the Mini ?

On a side note, boy that things turns fast !
Must be the small radius :)

Reactions: WooZie
there is nothing to repair, an arm is broken, the case is broken, the motors are blocked, the gimbal is broken, the drone fall of 60 meters height, nothing to repair, but only change. The drone was takeoff and landed only on the clean concrete, not grass, not soil. And especially after takeoff i stayed with it a few seconds in air, to warmup the battery( i read that is good for drones), all the motors works very well, no strange noise or something else, very stable...so nothing strange in his behavior

Last edited:
Yes, get a ticket opened with DJI asap.
If a motor failed being so new, it is possibly / probably a warranty issue, and they should do the right thing.
They'll probably send you a label to send it in for assessment, hope you still have the packaging, the original box is safest for shipping.

Glad it didn't fall into that lake !
How far away did you find the Mini ?

On a side note, boy that things turns fast !
Must be the small radius :)
i already opened a ticket, tomorrow will be on the store, they send it to service in germany, i have all the boxes and bags inside the package. The drona was in my front at 80 m over the lake, it fall down at few meters by the lake, my luck if i can say that....

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Log shows motor blocked when over 200ft, so clearly that wasn't from crash landing. Not likely any obstacles up there either.

I'm concerned about the ESC errors too.

If my one experience with my Phantom 3, a gust of wind might have the system report motor blocked. In my case I got motor obstruction and loose prop though video feed was fine. It was very windy then, though my P3 handled it. Could be MM was tossed about by wind and reported blocked motor as a symptom.

Video is quite jumpy. Was that from cache or SD card?

Reactions: scooot and WooZie
from cache, because the sd card could not be saved the movie, as soon the battery was drop out
today was not wind, very very little, maybe a maximum 5-8 km/h but in the air, the craft was very stable, i did a movie before

from cache, because the sd card could not be saved the movie, as soon the battery was drop out
today was not wind, very very little, maybe a maximum 5-8 km/h but in the air, the craft was very stable, i did a movie before
If the AC will power on at all, it may finalize the recording on the card. If not, there's a way to recover the video with tools.

Reactions: WooZie
If the AC will power on at all, it may finalize the recording on the card. If not, there's a way to recover the video with tools.
i did not think about that, i remove from sd card that movie, also i formated the card because has been corrupted when the battery jumped out

i will wait until you will have time to look at it, thanks
I want you all to forgive me for my english, it is not my strength, but i hope you understand me. Thank you all for try to help me

Hey your English is fine as we call all understand you quite ok.

Look forward to seeing analysis results on this, and hopefully a good result with DJI warranty.

Reactions: Corthan and WooZie
Motor failure perhaps? Or perhaps it collided with a bird (outside of camera view)?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR