DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

30m rth

wytnyt

Reactions
this has been puzzling me and a search didnt help
say im in beginner mode and i have things set 30m height and such
i know itll stay within these setting but what if gps is lost and atti mode or whatever failure happens,will the mavic still stay in these parameters?

what if gps is lost and atti mode or whatever failure happens,will the mavic still stay in these parameters?
If RTH is initiated, your Mavic would land at its current location since it would not be able to use the GPS data to find its way back to the home point.

Reactions: WAXMAN
If RTH is initiated, your Mavic would land at its current location since it would not be able to use the GPS data to find its way back to the home point.
yes but in a worse case scenario,would it still stay within its 30 m setting,say im in atti could the wind blow it past 30m or would 30m settings prevent it.

When in ATTI mode, the Mavic cannot hold its horizontal position. It will drift with the wind when the remote controller sticks are in the center position. That means it could blow past the set maximum distance.

Reactions: WAXMAN
When in ATTI mode, the Mavic cannot hold its horizontal position. It will drift with the wind when the remote controller sticks are in the center position. That means it could blow past the set maximum distance.
Have always wondered this.

What about stick inputs in beginner mode and say loss of GPS or compass error. Would it let you fly out with the beginner mode boundaries with wrong stick inputs or would it simply drift when boundary is reached.

What about stick inputs in beginner mode and say loss of GPS or compass error. Would it let you fly out with the beginner mode boundaries with wrong stick inputs or would it simply drift when boundary is reached.
Without GPS, the Mavic cannot calculate how far it has flown. So, there is no way for it to enforce distance restrictions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johngmurray