DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3D modeling

TexasRancher

Reactions
Okay, need some input. I have done a few DroneDeploy maps, pretty cool, but, I am a little confused on something.

I watched a lot of videos talk about point of interest images, I get that. I want to do a 2d top down map, and then add in pictures by circling objects like my house.

Here's the question: If you really want to get top notch photo resolutions in the map, ya gotta get close and under the eaves etc... so, how does or DOES the app know that you are not at the same height as the 2d run?

I mean, I watched a guy do a warehouse and then he added the point of interest, but.. really.. he did not help the map much because he did not get out far enough, was too close, one side did not even get into the point of interest.

So, to do it right, ya gotta do one or two, maybe even three loops around the big stuff and closer.

Does dronedeploy know the elevation is not as high if you do not use their software for the pictures?

Lastly, I saw something about pix4d? I did not see anything free from them, just expensive as heck.. heh.. anyone used that?

Thanks guys!

Russ

The coordinates (with elevation and camera angle) is saved in the .jpg file metadata. You could take pictures from any drone app and upload them to DD and it should work. In my experience, DD didn't work well for me as the pictures were all out of focus.

Reactions: TexasRancher
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21