DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3D Printing Mavic Mini Stuff

douglas_in_philly

Reactions
Friends,

When I'm not flying my Mavic Mini, one of my other interests is 3D printing. I have a Creality "Ender 3" printer, and have been printing some pretty cool stuff with it--including a few things for my Mavic Mini. I printed this set of storage boxes that fit right under the RC and the Multi-Battery Charger in the case that came with the "Fly More Combo." I also printed these prop holders, to keep the propellers from flopping around as I'm putting the MM into the case. I am also thinking about printing this screen shade for my phone.

You can even 3D print a model of the Mini, itself!

Here is a link to a search for "Mavic Mini" on the Thingiverse site (a popular site for 3D model sharing).

Doug

P.S. The attached photos are of the stuff I printed for myself.

P.P.S. The "Thingiverse" web site has been having significant issues for the past couple weeks (as noted by the banner at the top of every web page there), so it can be painfully slow to load pages!

Attachments

• 59985378211__01781448-88B4-42E3-9AA5-E72C131E2F64.JPG
    59985378211__01781448-88B4-42E3-9AA5-E72C131E2F64.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 601
  • 59985379496__8E1C10FD-8756-4418-9D08-88A0413212A9.JPG
    59985379496__8E1C10FD-8756-4418-9D08-88A0413212A9.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 604
  • IMG_7863.jpg
    IMG_7863.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 610
  • IMG_7864.jpg
    IMG_7864.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 610
  • IMG_7866.JPG
    IMG_7866.JPG
    743.3 KB · Views: 602
Last edited:
My son printed your boxes for me last month. They work great. THANKS! I also have the prop holders marked to print but waiting. My Christmas present was an Ender 3 Pro. Hoping next week to get it assembled and start the learning process.

Going to print the boxes for the case tomorrow. and the sun shade as well. I was just given permission to use the 3D printer at work. Did a some leg extensions last week as a test that worked out great.

I designed a phone holder so that I can use my phone without taking it out of its Otterbox case.

Friends,

When I'm not flying my Mavic Mini, one of my other interests is 3D printing. I have a Creality "Ender 3" printer, and have been printing some pretty cool stuff with it--including a few things for my Mavic Mini. I printed this set of storage boxes that fit right under the RC and the Multi-Battery Charger in the case that came with the "Fly More Combo." I also printed these prop holders, to keep the propellers from flopping around as I'm putting the MM into the case. I am also thinking about printing this screen shade for my phone.

Here is a link to a search for "Mavic Mini" on the Thingiverse site (a popular site for 3D model sharing).

Doug

P.P.S. The "Thingiverse" web site has been having significant issues for the past couple weeks (as noted by the banner at the top of every web page there), so it can be painfully slow to load pages!
which material you guys used ???

If I’m printing something to look nice I use PLA. Anything structural or functional I print in PET.

I designed a phone holder so that I can use my phone without taking it out of its Otterbox case.

Very nice! I got my son an Ender 3 Pro for Christmas, so I'm going to ask him to make one of these. I'm thinking of adding a bracket to hold a sunshade (which I'm thinking of making from the thin black plastic from a microwave food tray, rather than printing it).

BTW, for anyone interested, I discovered this week that the free online version of Google SketchUp does now support importing STL files using the Insert function on the file menu, and Exporting to STL instead of SKP. I played a bit with Tinkercad and it's good for some things, but SketchUp is much more powerful.

Reactions: Jsaint
Autodesk Fusion 360 is free for personal use, and very powerful. If you aren’t used to 3D CAD though, it does have a bit of a learning curve.

Reactions: MavicDelight
Autodesk Fusion 360 is free for personal use, and very powerful. If you aren’t used to 3D CAD though, it does have a bit of a learning curve.
I see some sites saying it's free to students (which I'm not), but their website just has the 30-day free trial, then it's $495 per year. o_O Anyway, I'm already fairly familiar with SketchUp, having used it to do 3D building models for uploading to Google Earth a few years back.

Friends,

Doug

Nice work and thanks for the links, might purchase a 3D printer also looks like fun

Last edited:
What would you suggest as a good beginner program. Thanks :)

I started out with Tinkercad as it’s very easy to use. You basically just stick shapes together or cut them up. However, it’s worth putting the effort into learning how to use Fusion 360, or another 3D CAD package like OnShape. Both ARE free for personal use.

As for 3D printers, I use an Original Prusa i3 MK2S. It’s been superseded by the i3 MK3S now, although there’s no difference in print quality. They aren’t very cheap machines, but mine has been totally reliable. That said, they are cheaper than Ultimaker machines. Prusa are currently rolling out their new Original Prusa Mini, which looks very promising and is almost half the price of the i3 MK3S.

Reactions: MavicDelight
wondering what should i look for in 3D printer ?
Here are my must-haves when looking for 3D printers:
  • Heated bed
  • Large build surface
  • Steel (or solid) top frame (so printer head doesn't slide along a rail that can bow)
  • Easy to level & holds its level
  • Able to wirelessly print & change printer settings (no hardwired computer connection)
I'm currently printing with MakerGear M3 IDs.

1578396092971.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU