DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4.1.18 Issues

Hi Giannitrain,

I am very sorry, but looks like I misunderstood your question.
There have been reports of similar issues with the Go4 application 4.1.18 being utilized by other mobile devices (not the Moverios). Although our team is exploring all avenues, it may not be an exclusive issue with the Moverio Hardware/software in this case. My suggestion would be to keep monitoring this and other forums for updates on the user experience and make the plunge when you feel the platform has evolved enough for your taste and skill level.

4.1.18 did caused other problems in Android devices but not as bad as it does to BT300. And they already move on with new solution of 4.1.20. But for Epson BT300 still keep in 4.1.18 for so long! If you guys have no solution why not just admitted the fault and step down to 4.1.15 until the new release from DJI come out?

You are in a dilemma that we always face when buying technology. As I see it, the BT-300 has been out about a year. It looks like Epson updates its Moverio lone every two years- so you'd need to wait probably another year at least before getting anything better than what is currently available... then, that new one will also have bugs and the cycle repeats - so only you can make the decision as to when is the best time to jump in.

I am happy with my Moverio given that I have gotten 4.15 to load- they work flawlessly for me, now and that will definitely get me through until DJI gets things right with 4.18 or whatever Epson releases to make the experience even better.

I will definitely pass with such terrify experience if there is any new Moverio comes out. The supporting of Epson and DJI are just nightmare for customer. I will probably wait for a slim design version of DJI Goggles which they don’t have further excuses to not support their own product.

You are in a dilemma that we always face when buying technology. As I see it, the BT-300 has been out about a year. It looks like Epson updates its Moverio lone every two years- so you'd need to wait probably another year at least before getting anything better than what is currently available... then, that new one will also have bugs and the cycle repeats - so only you can make the decision as to when is the best time to jump in.

I am happy with my Moverio given that I have gotten 4.15 to load- they work flawlessly for me, now and that will definitely get me through until DJI gets things right with 4.18 or whatever Epson releases to make the experience even better.

If will be possible to buy at end of January Moverio with 4.15 I will be very happy and I will not have any dubt BUT the problem is that probably in the shops now there are Moverio bt 300 ONLY with the 4.18 already installed or i m writing wrong ?

Looks like someone successfully loaded 4.1.22. Seems issues are fixed.

If will be possible to buy at end of January Moverio with 4.15 I will be very happy and I will not have any dubt BUT the problem is that probably in the shops now there are Moverio bt 300 ONLY with the 4.18 already installed or i m writing wrong ?

I don't think Moverio "Drone edition" comes preloaded with DJI Go 4, I know the developer version does not.

In most cases you will have to download DJI Go 4 from the Moverio apps store, at the moment it is version 4.1.18

So you will not be able to buy a DJI Go 4 4.1.15 version, but you can modify it to 4.1.15 if you follow Tonye53's instructions

DJI Go 4 Fallback to 4.1.15

Yes this is a very good update, I read me too about that. I hope that soon this update will be in Moverio store too so that to download followings what EPSON suggest to do.

You can avoid all the 4.1.18 issues and move to 4.1.22

I can confirm that DJI Go 4 4.1.22 works on the BT-300 , for me it removes all latency and pixelation on the BT-300 with the Mavic Pro and the Platinum

Tested while shooting 4k video at 25 fps, image transmission regular and image transmission rate is now at the maximum 12.36mbps

I removed all the side loaded apps e.g Litchi, UAV forecast, google services for now via a clean BT-300 install

Then using the BT-300 browser, I went to apkpure.com and downloaded the following files to the BT-300

1) DJI GO 4 For drones since P4_v4.1.22_apkpure.com.xapk (164.4 MB) , note it is a .XAPK file that will need the Apkpure android app to install it

Download DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.1.22 APK | APKPure.com

2) Apkpure android app - APKPure_v2.5.3_apkpure.com.apk (7.9 MB)

Download APKPure latest 2.5.3 Android APK

Instructions for the Apkpure android app, you will need to allow for the "install from unknown sources" in the BT-300 settings

How to install unknown sources APK to Android

3) Install process on the BT-300

• Go to "downloads" on the BT-300, install the APK android app
  • After install open the app, and hit the 3 lines icon in the top right of the screen to go the next menu
  • Select APK/ XAPK Management tab to open
  • Then install DJI Go 4 4.1.22 from here

Then have fun flying again :DThumbswayup

P.S even though all the pano modes are there in the 4.1.22 app and can be selected, they are not working well, the app does not complete the selection of shots, the AC moves into position each time (e.g rotates) but the shots are not taken. Will need to test further

Last edited:

I can confirm that DJI Go 4 4.1.22 , for me it removes all latency and pixelation on the BT-300 with the Mavic Pro and the Platinum

Tested while shooting 4k video at 25 fps, image transmission regular and image transmission rate is now at the maximum 12.36mbps

I removed all the side loaded apps e.g Litchi, UAV forecast, google services for now via a clean BT-300 install

Then using the BT-300 browser, I went to apkpure.com and downloaded the following files to the BT-300

1) DJI GO 4 For drones since P4_v4.1.22_apkpure.com.xapk (164.4 MB) , note it is a .XAPK file that will need the Apkpure android app to install it

Instructions for the Apkpure android app, you will need to allow for the "install from unknown sources" in the BT-300 settings

• After install open the app, and hit the 3 lines icon in the top right of the screen to go the next menu

P.S even though all the pano modes are there in the 4.1.22 app and can be selected, they are not working well, the app does not complete the selection of shots, the AC moves into position each time (e.g rotates) but the shots are not taken. Will need to test further

Super reply,

Pano mode NOT so important for me and so we start the new year in the right way.

Thank u very much.

I can confirm that DJI Go 4 4.1.22 works on the BT-300 , for me it removes all latency and pixelation on the BT-300 with the Mavic Pro and the Platinum

Thanks for your update.. sorry to hear that pano mode might still not working. Anyway thats the only reason I upgrade to 4.1.18 and caused all this mess! Hope now DJI will go to put a workable and tested copy to Moverio Market soon enough.

I finally had time and good weather to test the Pano modes. I did not have any issues with all of the modes -- ran 4 of each style and all completed as expected. Not sure what the difference is but am happy to try to help sort it out.

On another note, my Litchi installation the latest Beta decided to break today... keeps asking me to purchase the app, which I have. I am guessing Google rolled out some new Play store security update for the new year. Rolled back to the CS version and it runs, but is a little pixelated.

I finally had time and good weather to test the Pano modes. I did not have any issues with all of the modes -- ran 4 of each style and all completed as expected. Not sure what the difference is but am happy to try to help sort it out.

On another note, my Litchi installation the latest Beta decided to break today... keeps asking me to purchase the app, which I have. I am guessing Google rolled out some new Play store security update for the new year. Rolled back to the CS version and it runs, but is a little pixelated.

I did retest the pano modes, they are all working as you have discovered

A number of us have tested the side loaded 4.1.22 on the BT-300 and I can't find any issues with it, so far it works perfectly with the Epson glasses.

Last edited:
Just check still nothing from Moverio Market. Also there is no follow up on this case neither from Epson, I did call them up before X’mas. Great service Epson!

Just check still nothing from Moverio Market. Also there is no follow up on this case neither from Epson, I did call them up before X’mas. Great service Epson!

I don't think it will be anytime soon, as we only got 4.1.18 in early December 2017, I believe if you look back at the release it's about 4 weeks after a DJI release

I think you'll need to allow for the holiday season and the development of the in house application.

If your worried about the DJI warranty, it's probably void anyway, as the BT-300 is not recognised as a DJI supported device, so if you get a flyaway I'm not sure who you would make the claim against Epson or DJI

I don’t worried about the warranty, as I already got such message from DJI forum. I am just so disappointed about Epson service and I will make sure this is the last product I purchase from them.

I don’t worried about the warranty, as I already got such message from DJI forum. I am just so disappointed about Epson service and I will make sure this is the last product I purchase from them.

I think you need to consider the Bt-300 just like a normal android tablet, after all it is just a tablet with a separate screen.
You should just upgrade it as you would a normal tablet and not make it into something special that needs the manufacturer to fix, that way you won't be so disappointed in Epson.

EpsonMoverio correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the DJI version on the Moverio apps store is modified by Epson in anyway, I believe the time taken by Epson between releasing new versions of DJI Go 4 in the Moverio apps store is for purely testing on the BT-300 for compatibility rather than modification.

yes Lannes, you are absolutely correct. But Epson do have the right to let DJI or any vendors to update app into their Moverio Market. If they did some testing such kind of chaos won’t ever happen. Also Epson did not do a good job in after sales service too, I have made couple calls to them since March and Dec 2017, not even one has a solution or reply.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet