DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4 Bay Charger

pmshop

Reactions
So I have 2 batteries that have gone into low power mode and I just finished flying with the 3rd.
I put all of the batteries on the DJI 4 Bay Charger and the 3rd started charging first.
Then one of the two picked up charging after the 3rd was done.
Now the first one has picked up when the 2nd was done.

With the Spark DJI 3 Bay Charger, I put 3 batteries on, all three charge simultaneously.

Am I doing something wrong with the 4 bay charger or is this normal behavior?
And if this is normal behavior, what is the point if only one charges at a time?

So I have 2 batteries that have gone into low power mode and I just finished flying with the 3rd.
I put all of the batteries on the DJI 4 Bay Charger and the 3rd started charging first.
Then one of the two picked up charging after the 3rd was done.
Now the first one has picked up when the 2nd was done.

With the Spark DJI 3 Bay Charger, I put 3 batteries on, all three charge simultaneously.

Am I doing something wrong with the 4 bay charger or is this normal behavior?
And if this is normal behavior, what is the point if only one charges at a time?
That is totally normal procedure. The charger uses the same power supply that charges a single battery. It can't draw enough power to charge all 4 batteries simultaneously. The point of using it is that you don't need to babysit each battery individually as you charge them. You just put them all on the charger and forget about them until they are all charged.
I also have the Spark 3-battery charger and that one is a completely different story since you are now switching from the USB method of charging a single battery (very slow) to a charger that was designed to charge all 3 simultaneously.

Reactions: pmshop
That is totally normal procedure. The charger uses the same power supply that charges a single battery. It can't draw enough power to charge all 4 batteries simultaneously. The point of using it is that you don't need to babysit each battery individually as you charge them. You just put them all on the charger and forget about them until they are all charged.
I also have the Spark 3-battery charger and that one is a completely different story since you are now switching from the USB method of charging a single battery (very slow) to a charger that was designed to charge all 3 simultaneously.

So that leads to the question - any good compact Mavic Air simultaneous battery chargers out there?

Not super compact but not huge either. I bought the following one that charges 4 batteries simultaneously...
Anbee 6-in-1 Rapid Charger
Personally I don't mind the way the DJI charger works, and do prefer how compact it is.

This is the one I use and works great for me.

I bought this charger, I also could not stand waiting to charge one at a time ... sometimes we are in places only a few hours, time is flying!???

Reactions: zzxrox and pmshop
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3