DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trees138

Reactions
Alright, I have filter sets from 3 different manufacturers and the OEM clear. I am not doing a detailed performance test as I'm still waiting on the newest revision of one ND16. I'd prefer to compare as Apples to Apples as possible. I also need to reach out to SkyReat and see if they want me to include their improved design as well.

What I can tell you, Each manufacturer has a detail or two that are closer to the OEM filter. THere are notable manufacturing differences between them. Two have coatings that reflect the same shade under the same light source... and it's NOT the two that look the most similar, so a real review and testing should lend some differences, these do not appear to be identical to me.

For now I'm only going to be posting images of the filters themselves. I don't have enough experience flying and shooting them to evaluate them yet. That will come when it comes.

Mavic 2 Pro Filters

ndFilters-0421.jpgndFilters-0422.jpgndFilters-0423.jpgndFilters-0425.jpgndFilters-0426.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not saying you don't need a filter on an M2P but having an Aperture to adjust helps with some of what we have used filters for in the past.

It's really only useful over about 1 stop before you start losing image quality. I view it more like insurance, so if you set up the lighting wrong you MAY not need to land and change.

It's all about what is acceptable to the individual.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
I'm not saying you don't need a filter on an M2P but having an Aperture to adjust helps with some of what we have used filters for in the past.

Adjustable aperture can never be fully compared to what ND filters can do for you.

This drone now has a better camera since we can adjust the aperture. But I can guarantee you that in the numerous lightning conditions that every drone user will use, the user who jas ND filters will always bring out better footage than someone who will never use it and wants to rely only on variable aperture.

Even the best photographers with the most powerful camera know that ND filters do come in handy.

So, we truly need a filter if anyone truly cares about trying to be ready to get the best shots or footage in any light conditions that they find themselves.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2