DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

400 ft limit?

asitton

Reactions
Hi all,
So my mavic is supposed to arrive very soon and while registering with the FAA and looking up some information, I noticed that the FAA does not want hobbyists flying over 400 ft above ground level. I tried looking some more stuff up about this regulation and some people made it seem like there would be a cap built into the drone itself not allowing it to fly over 400 ft higher that what it took off from. Is this true? Would I still be able to fly over that height if I had a reason to? Or is it built into the drone that it physically cannot overcome that barrier? I would love to know! Thanks!

~AS

The Mavic is able to fly up to 500 meters over the takeoff point. Keeping it under 400 feet AGL is your responsibility.

Reactions: asitton
Small manned A/C are limited to a low altitude of 500' in most areas (I wish someone would tell the Rotorheads in my area that) so limiting us to 400' AGL will supposedly provide a 100' buffer. I have found that 400' AGL gets very boring very fast as you just can't see anything, I prefer low and fast :)

Reactions: FreshFlyTV

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet