DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

maybe if i wait till after the holiday rush,i can get it cheaper

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
maybe if i wait till after the holiday rush,i can get it cheaper

We - who already have it in our hands - are also hoping it'll drop to $9 after the holiday rush. Totally worth waiting for! :D:D:D:D:D

"Dear Santa, would you..."
"Maybe."

Can-I-Has-Funny-Cat-Christmas-Meme.jpg

Where in So Cal? I fly @ Carlsbad state beach. Great place to fly sitting on a cliff and sipping coffee in a beach chair.
South Orange county (Rancho Santa Margarita - where the city council hates ordinances and have declined to add anything more than emphasize the FAA guidelines and have specifically rejected the county's suggestions on specific drone laws - here) - - I am sure I will make it to a beach soon - probably wait until it is colder so there won't be many people. I am a high school teacher so the first 2 days were at the school (no students present) so all over the area, stadium, buildings etc. Wide open to practice. Now out of my backyard which I see out miles to the mountains - but have to get over about 3 streets of houses first....

Flew tonight to see the Supermoon but I need to work on my photo skills with this thing.

Read the recent post with the large text, he quotes the earlier post explaining to install new first then old....

I just got my Mavic last week and the WONDERPHONE on the same day. Used it with the .18 and it crashed a bunch. Removed, installed .15 according to this forum and no issues yesterday. Again, thanks to all, especially Xtreme Drone Pilot for the heads-up on this phone! I did put in a 128 SD card (cost almost as much as the phone -Samsung 128GB 100mb/s (U3) Evo Select ) and set it to primary storage - - works very well. Got rid of the ATT sim card, downloaded maps (in .15) and went through 3 batts 2x with no crashing issues. Learned about the Android OS, installing .APKs, and all sorts of other stuff from you guys... Cannot say thank you enough.
QUOTE]

Replying to my own post:

Just flew it tonight and now the app is back to .18!? I know it was .15 when I flew it yesterday... New to Android, perhaps an auto-update? I am lost....

// Just flew it tonight and now the app is back to .18!? I know it was .15 when I flew it yesterday... New to Android, perhaps an auto-update? I am lost....

Make sure Auto update is off in Play Store, it's on by default.

Reactions: Doug D
Aw oh! Or....underhanded sinister dji goings ons [emoji50][emoji85]

Well, autoupdate apps toggle belongs to Google (just like it's enabled by default on iphone), but re: underhanded sinister dji goings ons, sit tight so you don't fall off your chair: :D

faq:dataleakage [dji.retroroms.info]

I simply keep my Wunderphone offline.

Reactions: NinjaNut
Conspiracy theorists could should would have a heyday with those guys! ;)

I hate their company, but I love their drone....when it’s working properly and their not jacking with it!

Last edited:
Ordered a set (2x) of tampered oleophobic glass screen protectors. Weird thing: at first, I thought, this is a cheap "throwaway" phone, no need to protect it with case or screen protector, but after a few days of using and marveling at it, it feels like an easily $400-500 phone, so I want it to last! Another black hole... $$$ click $$$ click :D

And what amazes me, is they actually sell phones at that price point....$400-$500!!
WM hasn’t shipped mine yet, but site says Thurs delivery. Can’t wait for my dirt cheap Wunderphone!!

You'll be surprised at the cheap blue box you'll get, like all walmart gophones; the phone rests on some carton cradle made of what looks like recycled toilet paper :D you'll be like... WTF?!

But when you free it from packaging and play with it, you'll say again, WTF, this is like a DIAMOND in a pizza box! :D

Just looked online. Walmart doesn't have any deals on this phone.
By the way, to all "iOS guys" - don't be shy and intimidated by trying a different OS. It doesn't bite. You don't have to commit all of your digital life to it; stay where you are and try small things; use a cheap phone like this to do some dedicated tasks, such as car navigation, or just web browsing, or media playback, or Mavic flying, etc. You can setup this phone without SIM and even without Google account, and it won't nag you (you can install apps by downloading .apk files, if you prefer). The hysteria instilled by these monsters (Apple/Google) that you have to "switch", make a big committing step, is designed to keep people FEARING "the other side", to keep them in their cancerous cobwebs they call "ecosystems". Trying a different thing can be the very best thing that can happen to you.

I've been a rabid Apple fanboi from 2007 to approx. 2013. Now I'm happily "polygamous" - use iOS, Android, and Windows freely as I see fit. iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro, Android phones and a tablet, Android Wear, Microsoft Surface Pro, Windows Phone - I have them all and use them all, and don't give a flying **** about any prison "ecosystem". After all, all devices are pretty much the same - screen, touch, keyboard, connectivity, multimedia - it's all pretty much the same! If you can play a piano, you can play any one of them.

Variety and not being afraid to try new things are essentials of life. You WILL be surprised that the emperor in new clothes you've been worshiping for years is so disgustingly naked!
The Maps navigation won't work unless you have service, Correct?

I checked WM site and sure enough, stating oos, and raised to $79. Email for back in stock notice. And since I haven’t gotten a shipping conf. from them yet, I just ordered another one from Jet for $49, free shipping. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
libanczyk