DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

We should do an apple logo mod to our Wunderphones so we look rich:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Apple still rocks!!!!
But had to fire it from controlling my mavic due to the wunderphone

what really suxx bout the wunderphone is i paid 580 for a samsung tablet specifically to fly the MP and then along comes a $49 phone that works as well....:mad:

what really suxx bout the wunderphone is i paid 580 for a samsung tablet specifically to fly the MP and then along comes a $49 phone that works as well....:mad:

Put it on ebay with the description "$629 Samsung aka Wundertablet = THE best Mavic screen EVER" and watch bids rocket up. :D

Put it on ebay with the description "$629 Samsung aka Wundertablet = THE best Mavic screen EVER" and watch bids rocket up. :D
lol,i wish
if you recall i supposingly bought the tablet for my grand daughter,if i knew the wonderphone early on i could have got her the usual cheap asus tablet.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Ok I'll take back my negative check marks on the chrome bloatware. I got frustrated when I downloaded chrome beta and it loaded with the att home page being preset. I haven't used skinned android in 5 years.

i just dont think i can wait 16 more days to get my hands on my MP
i could buy a cheap refurb w/2 day shipping and save 14 days waiting,hmmm

Last edited:
I've got the green one. Don't like it, very cheap-feeling and basic. And those fake carbon fiber things look nothing like the picture, more like laminated or melted plastic. But it does the job with the grip, that's all that matters.

The worst part? It costs the same $7.99 as this Wundercase: :D

img_0877-jpg.25999

I’m just stoked on the Crown Royal sleeve you use.... Wunderbag?

Edit: Now I just read the other comment on the Wunderbag.... guess it fits so to speak.

RTFM:

http://download-c1.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=97222&version=408400&siteCode=us

Correct specs: Huawei Ascend XT2 (2017) review and specifications - DroidChart.com

IMPORTANT: Go 4.1.18 is a mess and can crash any phone, including this one, so do yourself a favor and use 4.1.15 installed from APK (aka Android Application Package). Download it here:

DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.1.15 (1027412) APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

However, at least for some users (see posts #86 and #90) .15 when first launched fails to download a resource needed by the app. The workaround for this is to install 4.1.18 from the Play Store (important: disable Auto-update apps), launch it while still on WiFi, let it d/l the resource, uninstall the app, install .15, open while still on WiFi, let it do its thing, login to your Mavic account, download Offline Maps (in hamburger menu on main screen, may intermittently stall, known issue with HERE, restart the app and retry), then you can turn off WiFi (or keep it on if you need satellite maps), at this point the app will work like a charm. With .15, you have Quickshots, but no Panorama (.18).

I can’t get .15 to work for nothing... I tried dL.18 first to dl the resource pkg then uninstall it then I reinstalled .15 with no luck. Is it possible that DJI shutdown this work around?

I’m just stoked on the Crown Royal sleeve you use.... Wunderbag?

Edit: Now I just read the other comment on the Wunderbag.... guess it fits so to speak.

Crown Royal bag is not mine, the photo belongs to The Great Discoverer of the $7.99 Aluminum Wundercase, see the thread in General forum.

I can’t get .15 to work for nothing... I tried dL.18 first to dl the resource pkg then uninstall it then I reinstalled .15 with no luck. Is it possible that DJI shutdown this work around?

Install .18 from Play Store, not from APK. It looks like it needs an account in Play Store before it can download the resource. I think. It's DJI, we never know. :D

I tried dl .18 from play store then .15 I might have missed the wave [emoji30]

No idea, man. Maybe this is the case, DJI is shutting down old versions of Go 4, at least, new installations. And it would be supereasy to do for them - just remove that resource file from the server. Maybe somebody else will confirm either successful recent installation or same failure.

Reactions: FirstKlass
No idea, man. Maybe this is the case, DJI is shutting down old versions of Go 4, at least, new installations. And it would be supereasy to do for them - just remove that resource file from the server. Maybe somebody else will confirm either successful recent installation or same failure.

False Alarm. Apparently, there are two versions of .18 in the play stores (called before and since P4). I was downloading the before P4. Which was causing the confusion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ