DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

For the record, I did a lot more than "some trivial exploration". I started, stopped the app; rebooted the phone; connected the RC, disconnected, tried reconnecting, etc. Spent quite a bit of time on it, trying to figure out what's up.

So, in the event it might help other newbies to the Wonderphone with Go4, here's the "DUH" moment that I discovered (and never experienced on my iPhone):

When the app starts up cold, and you select "Equipment", the splash screen comes up with a Spark on it. That's a clue. I never noticed that and realized that if I'm trying to connect a Mavic, and I've "selected" a Spark as my equipment, with nothing connected to the phone, you're going to get the WiFi screen! Argh. If you want to fly a Mavic, you got to tell it you're connecting a Mavic.ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup

i told you this when we first tried to cache maps,others said click on three lines[hamburger] and go to map cache.
something just told me to click on top of spark logo and wala my go4 app worked

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
This has nothing to do with it. I found on another forum about Huawei phone that maximum screen recording is five minutes in the native screen recorder and plus the recorder always records in portrait even if the phone is in landscape mode. It is very good though very good frames per second just stupid 5 minute mark and portrait. I will upload the video when I can.

off topic question
when im in the go4 map caching my map,,when i go and maximize an area,some of grids are white squared areas ,they still show streets and info but some are white and hard to read.
suxx cause 2 are in my planned flying areas.

off topic question
when im in the go4 map caching my map,,when i go and maximize an area,some of grids are white squared areas ,they still show streets and info but some are white and hard to read.
suxx cause 2 are in my planned flying areas.

You have a screenshot?

These are HERE street maps only, no satellite imagery. Also, almost every map app nowadays adopted (after apple, who else lol) this sucky way of showing maps with faint lines on white/light background, with very sparse information, nothing like printed maps. It must be a global conspiracy. They all must have had a conference call where their Global Boss told them to make all maps unreadable.

Reactions: rfc
You have a screenshot?

These are HERE street maps only, no satellite imagery. Also, almost every map app nowadays adopted (after apple, who else lol) this sucky way of showing maps with faint lines on white/light background, with very sparse information, nothing like printed maps. It must be a global conspiracy. They all must have had a conference call where their Global Boss told them to make all maps unreadable.
dont have the phone right now,grand daughter has it but as you scroll for new map,it shows up as a square and then the streets ect show up but these squares are white even after data has been pulled up.this is hybrid mode and most areas are the color of grass and such except the white area are white

Is there anyway to have the video cache automatically or do I always have to hit the record button.

My ideal setup would be for the phones screen to always cache and include the telemetry (with an auto write over after so many gb) and to manually record video that goes to the MPPs SD card. I assume I need a screen recorder app for this if I want more than 5 minutes?

Not positive on this answer because it's been a long time since I've set mine up, but maybe just check the app setting to loop the video, otherwise you will have to erase it to keep storing the newest video.

Yes. You need to go into the settings in the app and point it to the card. I forgot exactly where but the same place you adjust the cache size. When I did it with the remote attached to the Wunderphone the screen turned upside down and I had to flip it and scroll.... you should be able to figure it out and there were probably people who already answered this but 3 pages behind in catching up with this thread...

Is there anyway to have the video cache automatically or do I always have to hit the record button.

My ideal setup would be for the phones screen to always cache and include the telemetry (with an auto write over after so many gb) and to manually record video that goes to the MPPs SD card. I assume I need a screen recorder app for this if I want more than 5 minutes?

You can get more/better answers by asking this question in a separate thread, this is non-Wunderphone-specific and others can see it, too. Just a thought.

THis is what happens exactly as I have seen it happen over and over again. If you set up video cache and I set up mine to 16 gb. The videos are recorded to your sd card in the drone and in your phone exactly. The ones to your phone are smaller size about 1/4 the size of the drone and lower quality but still pretty good. They are in a folder called dji record under dji in the sd card. There are also image folder if you explore around. IN the sd card there is ai pictures folder that has the screen recording videos in them. it's about 500 mb per 5 minutes. it will be portrait not landscape and only 5 mins at a time.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

does anyone know how to take good photos in sunlight without glare, is there iso settings and shutter that are good for this. I shot on auto and the video and photo had glare. What about an nd filter? which one? View attachment 26638
This thread is about mavic and Wunderphone,you need to do a search on filters

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topcomons