DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

I checked WM site and sure enough, stating oos, and raised to $79. Email for back in stock notice. And since I haven’t gotten a shipping conf. from them yet, I just ordered another one from Jet for $49, free shipping. ;)

Interesting. Here it still shows $49 and lets me add it to cart. Should I?... :D

Reactions: NinjaNut
:)
I can relate...I have to contain myself with guns, knives, watches, drones....LOL!! [emoji85]

I'm not a shopper usually, very modest with new purchases. But this holiday season... I've never seen deals/steals anything like this. I think the last time I got a great deal was ~3 years ago when I got Nokia 520 for $49, now that plastic POS seems like a joke, worth no more than 99 cents. Hope next season we can buy Mavic for $49 at Wallyworld. :D

Reactions: NinjaNut
I'm not a shopper usually, very modest with new purchases. But this holiday season... I've never seen deals/steals anything like this. ... Hope next season we can buy Mavic for $49 at Wallyworld. :D
This is why, when we hear politicians yapping about how they're going to protect us from "unfair" international trade, or big corporations like Walmart, or "our" jobs being shipped overseas, we should tell them to shut up and leave us alone.
What we are witnessing here is the miracle of capitalism. Don't let power-hungry economic ignoramuses screw with it.

maybe if i wait till after the holiday rush,i can get it cheaper

Good luck with that! Great prices on electronics during this time of year are often over by/after New Years and are often not seen until this time again next year...unless they are clearing them out due to being discontinued. You won't get a better price on this phone IMO, maybe ever.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Can anyone offer instructions on how to root the phone and use this app to disable USB charging

Disable Battery Charging ROOT - Android Apps on Google Play
I believe Xtreme Drone Pilot wrote somewhere in this thread that this phone doesn't use much battery, so the drain on the transmitter is insignificant. I plan to try letting it recharge from the transmitter so I never have to manually charge the phone itself. We'll see how it works.

XDP, a little off-topic, but it looks like you're as cheap as I am when it comes to phone service. My first cell phone was an AT&T GoPhone, and I now have the same plan you do: $25 every three months, with the balance carrying over as long as I refill in time. I also use Google Voice. When somebody calls my GV number, it rings both my cell and our home phone (yes, we are dinosaurs - still have a landline). When I'm out, I have texts that are sent to the GV number forwarded to my cell. When I'm home I turn that off and just read them on my MacBook so I don't get charged for those texts by AT&T. Also free long-distance calling in the U.S. with GV from our home phone. A little flaky at times but worth it for free LD.

yesterday DJI Go4 crash on me 2x while i was flying the Mavic, do i need to update DJI Go4? using the wonderphone LOL,

Yeah, I'm curious to see how stable mine is. I highly favor Android in life but for DJI GO, I've always had stability issues with numerous devices. I bought an iPad Mini4 just for my Mavic Pro and hate Apple/iPads but it just works great with DJI GO. I'm hoping this phone is rock solid with DJI GO so I can consider ditching my Mini 4 and recoup some cash.

For anyone in Dane County, (Madison area), Wisconsin, the new Stoughton Walmart had about a half-dozen last night. They don't have a "wireless" specialty area, so go to the rear of the store (electronics) and ask for the phone by name. They will "price match" the online price only if you can show it's still valid by bringing up the offer online and show it to them! ( even though I had a paper screen shot of the online shopping basket ).

Neither the Monona nor Madison store stocked "that model."

Last edited:
For anyone in Dane County, (Madison area), Wisconsin, the new Stoughton Walmart had about a half-dozen last night. They don't have a "wireless" specialty area, so go to the rear of the store (electronics) and ask for the phone by name. They will "price match" the online price only if you can show it's still valid by bringing up the offer online and show it to them! ( even though I had a paper screen shot of the online shopping basket ).
When I checked at our Walmart yesterday, they had cards hanging there for this phone, with no actual phones attached. It said something like "In Stock" in the upper left corner of the card, so I was hoping that meant they just had to get one out for me, as they do with iPhones. No such luck. Anyhow, I guess my point is if you go to Walmart, be sure to ask; don't assume they don't have it just because you don't see any on display.

Well, thanks for the great tip -- my pal in LA picked up two of these at his local Walmart -- one for each of us. PLUS, he got a $5 discount for buying two, AND had an additional coupon from jet.com for 25% off. So even with CA tax, they were under $40 each.

Many thanks to the OP! Once again, MavicPilots is a tremendous resource :)

By the way, to all "iOS guys" - don't be shy and intimidated by trying a different OS. It doesn't bite. You don't have to commit all of your digital life to it; stay where you are and try small things; use a cheap phone like this to do some dedicated tasks, such as car navigation, or just web browsing, or media playback, or Mavic flying, etc. You can setup this phone without SIM and even without Google account, and it won't nag you (you can install apps by downloading .apk files, if you prefer). The hysteria instilled by these monsters (Apple/Google) that you have to "switch", make a big committing step, is designed to keep people FEARING "the other side", to keep them in their cancerous cobwebs they call "ecosystems". Trying a different thing can be the very best thing that can happen to you.

I've been a rabid Apple fanboi from 2007 to approx. 2013. Now I'm happily "polygamous" - use iOS, Android, and Windows freely as I see fit. iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro, Android phones and a tablet, Android Wear, Microsoft Surface Pro, Windows Phone - I have them all and use them all, and don't give a flying **** about any prison "ecosystem". After all, all devices are pretty much the same - screen, touch, keyboard, connectivity, multimedia - it's all pretty much the same! If you can play a piano, you can play any one of them.

Variety and not being afraid to try new things are essentials of life. You WILL be surprised that the emperor in new clothes you've been worshiping for years is so disgustingly naked!

Yup, me too. Dual-boot Hackintosh/Windows on the desktop. Android phone. 2011 MacBook Pro. Mac guy since 1987, but fishing in many ponds these days. Actually looking at a Chromebook for travel computing, and leaving the MacBook at home as a media server - hard wired to the TV. I don't feel that any devices (including cars, high-end bicycles, tech goodies) say anything about me - they're just devices, not a lifestyle statement :)

I also recommend enabling Developer Options (by performing the weird Google ritual of clicking the build number 7 times), then disabling Automatic system updates and Always prompt when connecting to USB, set Select USB configuration to MTP.
Also, if you're like me, removed SIM altogether and see "No SIM" in status bar, turn on Airplane mode, this stops phone scanning for SIM insertion. You can still enable WiFi and BT as needed.
Thanks for both these hints! I'll be an Android n00b when my Wunderphone comes tomorrow so I'm looking forward to experimenting.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burt12