DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

So... in reading through nearly all of the 102 pages of posts is there a consensus regarding which GO version is the most stable with this phone? I seem to see a number people saying .18, besides not having off-line maps, may not run as well as .15.

I seem to see a number people saying .18
It seems everyone who tried .18 said it does not work well, so it probably would not be a wunderful idea to use it.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
That’s the way I’m leaning...towards .15.

XT2 received, SIM removed, ES File Explorer installed, .18 installed then removed.
Installing .15 now, will test tonite/tomorrow with both Mavic and Spark.

Well, now I'm disappointed, just discovered Google Cardboard isn't compatible with the WP. It seems that Huawei disabled the gyro.

so I got a 2nd phone today tried to unlock via dc unlocker like mentioned here. everything went ok except when I look up program it says sim card not found. anyone successful unlocking phone?

If I did, I wouldn't care if it had a functioning gyro. I wasn't thinking of using it for Cardboard at the time. Actually, I didn't imagine there would be a modern smartphone without one; seems kind of standard to me.

Just like not knowing law does not excuse breaking it, not reading specs (that clearly list all sensors available) does not excuse being disappointed with the product.

Reactions: rickw
dcunlocker doesn't support ascend xt2 it support ascend xt . please delete it as a recommended unlocking tool from here. I ended up paying 9 bucks and failing. Trying to get a refund but hopefully other people learn from my mistakes.

Just got my Moto E4 (tentatively aka Wunderphone Jr.) for $40 from Walmart, it's on the charger, will post full impression (sans Mavic-specific) later, will try flying with it either tomorrow or on Monday.

First impressions before powerup:

- very cheap feeling, striking contrast to premium feel of Wunderphone Classic
- all plastic
- battery is removable, only 2800mah
- the back cover is weird, it wraps around the whole body, quite hard to remove
- SIM and SD card slots are under the cover, will be PIA to just pop-in an SD card
- undeniably budget phone, looks similar to tons of prepaid $20-30 phones out there
- it's smaller than WPC, screen is only 5"
- big rounded corners make it look like a toy phone for kids

That's it for now, will see later how it sets up and performs.

Reactions: NinjaNut
I think I'm going to return Moto E4, it's not a Wunderphone Jr., it's a Junkphone - it doesn't meet the criterion "A. Totally awesome" to qualify for Wunderthing. Smallish screen, and even though seems to be bright in dark room, it's significantly dimmer than XT2. I can't imagine using this thing to fly Mavic. I'll refine my impressions tomorrow in daylight, but so far it's not good. Lots of Motorolla and Google bloatware - even an NFL Mobile app. WTF, why NFL?! The vanilla Android skin is boring. The phone is reasonably fast, but that's it. At first I thought, ok, even if I don't like it much, I'll just use it as a gym music player. But now I think that even $40 is too much for this junk. Going back!

I think I'm going to return Moto E4, it's not a Wunderphone Jr., it's a Junkphone - it doesn't meet the criterion "A. Totally awesome" to qualify for Wunderthing. Smallish screen, and even though seems to be bright in dark room, it's significantly dimmer than XT2. I can't imagine using this thing to fly Mavic. I'll refine my impressions tomorrow in daylight, but so far it's not good. Lots of Motorolla and Google bloatware - even an NFL Mobile app. WTF, why NFL?! The vanilla Android skin is boring. The phone is reasonably fast, but that's it. At first I thought, ok, even if I don't like it much, I'll just use it as a gym music player. But now I think that even $40 is too much for this junk. Going back!

Thanks for being a test pilot. Sorry it didn't work out.

Wunderphoners, wunderdoubters, wundernocluers, and all of the Internetz!

I just realized that I'm a father thanks to this thread - I coined an abbreviation FFSRTOP which is the first in the world, Google shows no relevant results:

https://www.google.com/search?num=5...3_3XAhUE8WMKHZURDFYQvgUIJigB&biw=1244&bih=724

Which is shocking to me since Internet discussion boards are more than three decades old, how come nobody ever came up with this obvious, and very useful abbreviation?!

I feel like Tim Berners-Lee now or something like that. Raise one for this wunderacronym:

FFSRTOP

:D:D:D
Yes! I’ve found something that I know more about than Xtreme Drone Pilot.
An abbreviation is a shortened form of a word. For example: St. instead of Street.
An acronym consists of the first letter of each word, but it has to spell a word itself. RAM is an acronym, but WYSIWYG is not.
So, FFSRTOP is neither an abbreviation nor an acronym; it’s just initials.
Sorry XDP, every now and then the English major in me rears its ugly head. ;)

I’m selling the wunderphone if anyone wants it. $89 PayPal Gift. First come first serve. Free Shipping to the 48.

The phone is only a few days old, not a scratch, comes with the box and charger and comes loaded with Go .15

I decided to pickup an iPad mini 4 instead.

Reactions: locoman and Neebles
If I did, I wouldn't care if it had a functioning gyro. I wasn't thinking of using it for Cardboard at the time. Actually, I didn't imagine there would be a modern smartphone without one; seems kind of standard to me.
This thread was started as a wunderful device for use on mavic,it doesn't need a gyro

I’m selling the wunderphone if anyone wants it. $89 PayPal Gift. First come first serve. Free Shipping to the 48.

The phone is only a few days old, not a scratch, comes with the box and charger and comes loaded with Go .15

I decided to pickup an iPad mini 4 instead.
$49 paypal?

Yes! I’ve found something that I know more about than Xtreme Drone Pilot.
An abbreviation is a shortened form of a word. For example: St. instead of Street.
An acronym consists of the first letter of each word, but it has to spell a word itself. RAM is an acronym, but WYSIWYG is not.
So, FFSRTOP is neither an abbreviation nor an acronym; it’s just initials.
Sorry XDP, every now and then the English major in me rears its ugly head. ;)

Yes, technically, it's a wunderinitialism. :D

Initialisms and Acronyms

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter