DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

I knew it was brought up before, but spent some time looking for it and finally gave up. Any way, I do appreciate you re-posting it. I appreciate all the info on this site.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I flew again today and tried "Follow Me" mode again. It failed with the "Weak GPS" warning on both the Ascend and my Samsung S7. The S7 had full Verizon mobile coverage. Based on the number of people with Iphones and Androids having the same problem I believe this is a DJI software issue.

Maybe I'll try my wife's Iphone 6 at some point.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I started flying out and HD signal got weaker and weaker,finally turned around and brought mavic right over my head and HD signal never increased

I’ve been using a iPhone SE with nothing but success but the screen is small I just upgraded to an iPhone 7 Plus but I want to have a separate phone just for the Mavic

I’ve flown with a Samsung S7 and it crashed on me 2 times once were I wasn’t sure if my Mavic was coming back. I swore that I’ve never fly with android device again because of this success I’ve had with iPhone no problems at all

Reactions: locoman
I’ve been using a iPhone SE with nothing but success but the screen is small I just upgraded to an iPhone 7 Plus but I want to have a separate phone just for the Mavic

I’ve flown with a Samsung S7 and it crashed on me 2 times once were I wasn’t sure if my Mavic was coming back. I swore that I’ve never fly with android device again because of this success I’ve had with iPhone no problems at all
plenty of good reading in this thread to make a choice

success I’ve had with iPhone no problems at all

It's temporary. DJI and apple are working on a "fix".

20u1ca-jpg.26475

Thanks for being a test pilot. Sorry it didn't work out.

Well... I decided to keep E4. :D I wanted a "beat a **** out of me" phone for a long time, for gym, hiking, and wingsuiting, and thought I'll use one of my Wunderphones as one since it's so cheap. Well, I love my Wunders so much and they feel more like $300-500 phones that I figured $40 for E4 is not much and that it will fit this role perfectly.

Unapologetically plastic (thank you, Sir Jony Ive, coining this phrase was the only useful thing you did in your life :D), Moto E4 is actually quite good, for a budget phone. If you're a Wunderpilot (i.e. a Mavic pilot who owns a Wunderphone) and get E4, you'll be instantly jarred by difference a mere $9 makes. Aluminum, impeccable fit & finish, ~50-100% brighter screen, 8 cores (vs. 4), unbelievably good Huawei EMUI (custom Android skin), I can go on and on. It's also good to have as a test device for app development, since it has vanilla Android 7.1.1. (my ancient Note 4 has climaxed on 6.1). Also, if you have teenagers or old parents, you can't go wrong with a good $40 budget phone for them.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Verizon-Motorola-E4-16GB-Prepaid-Smartphone-Silver/953073971

Reactions: Akoztha and rickw
Maybe you were indeed reading Obama Care document? Look, how hard this possibly could be? :D:D:D

View attachment 26469

Gawd... Santa... anybody... please help us. :D
It's just that some of us don't spend the entire day reading this thread over and over, waiting for the little "new message " ding. Also, this is my first Android device. Don't make people afraid to ask a question by making fun of them. Sheeesh.

It's just that some of us don't spend the entire day reading this thread over and over, waiting for the little "new message " ding. Also, this is my first Android device. Don't make people afraid to ask a question by making fun of them. Sheeesh.

There's absolutely no excuse for:

1. Not RTFM'ing.
2. Not RTOP'ing.
3. Not using forum search.
4. Not googling/binging/yahooing/duckduckgoing.

Which can be summarized as "Not making any effort, looking for free personal assistants on the internetz". :D

Reactions: Dragonfly
There's absolutely no excuse for:
1. Not RTFM.
2. Not RTOP.
3. Not using forum search.
4. Not googling.
True, but one of the reasons this thread is so long is that it contains so many posts complaining about people asking redundant questions, or that mockingly ask such a question in an effort to ridicule a gullible reader who answers. The latter is childish, unfunny, and a much more blatant waste of everyone's time than any sincere question. I don't mind replying to a question that's already been answered. Anybody who doesn't have the time or the patience doesn't have to. Be nice; it doesn't cost anything. All that aside, thanks again for all the great info, XDP.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kotszamana