DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

Hi everyone, thanks for all the info. Just ordered the phone from Best buy. Also ordered a 64mb Sandisk Extreme pro 4k for the MP. My question right now is can I use the 16gb card that came with the MP in the phone? Thanks for the help. I know I'll have more questions so TIA. I'm ready all the post but I'm easily confused

Hi everyone, thanks for all the info. Just ordered the phone from Best buy. Also ordered a 64mb Sandisk Extreme pro 4k for the MP. My question right now is can I use the 16gb card that came with the MP in the phone? Thanks for the help. I know I'll have more questions so TIA. I'm ready all the post but I'm easily confused
64gb

Yes. That's what I'm doing..works great

Yes no problem at all. I think that phone supports MicroSD up to 128GB. So no problem using your original Mavic Pro MicroSD card. Maybe just format the card when in the phone.

Reactions: Doug D
I'll do the same for my Wunderphone married to Mavic, since the only apps I have on it are Go and Litchi, internal storage is enough for that; and will, of course, set video cache to SD card. But mine works great even with everything on SD card.
So should the SD card be the "Default location" in the phone's "Storage settings" or not? My phone will be dedicated to the Mavic.

So should the SD card be the "Default location" in the phone's "Storage settings" or not? My phone will be dedicated to the Mavic.
When I open the go app the spark is shown, I have to scroll down to tap the mavic. I've seen some vids here that show the mavic when opening. Any idea why.

Tip (not exactly WP-specific, but still): remove that plastic sliding frame from the RC arm, it only puts stress on USB plug, possibly damaging the socket on the phone in long-term.

The way I mount my Wunderphone (which I do very rarely, since it virtually never needs external charging): swing the left arm out all the way; grab the plug (it should be free now that it's not in that sliding frame), plug it in in WP which is still in your hand; put WP flush against the RC and swing both arms in to fixate it. The USB plug will go through the opening freely and will not put any stress on WP. Voila, no sweat, no stress.

Reactions: Doug D and rfc
I figure if I bought it once I should get it for both

Nope! Thats what I thought as well and researched my Lichti purchase before buying for this very reason. The developer of Lichti created 2 versions. One iOs specific for Iphones / Ipads and another for Android devices - Phones/ Tablets.

I eventually purchased for Android as that was the Tablet (Nvidia Shield) that I dedicated for Autonomous flight.

Oh and its pronounced "WA - Whey" for the guy in that video above.

Last edited:
Reactions: rickw
As a Spark owner now, too, I can see the logic of Go 4 showing the default home screen on startup: it doesn't know what other DJI drones you might have and want to fly now, you have to select it yourself. (and remember, we're all having first world problems here, this is just one of many) At any rate, powering on the RC first (which is Mavic-only, so it tells the app, "Here's Johnny!" :D) is a way to go.

I now usually power Mavic first so it starts grabbing sats, RC next, Go 4 last. Another benefit of doing this is that Go 4's status panel (the one you have to dismiss to get to Flight screen) will show current status, so if Mavic already locked sats, it will show GPS mode, unlike showing ATTI/OPTI if doing the other way.

Nope! Thats what I thought as well and researched my Lichti purchase before buying for this very reason. The developer of Lichti created 2 versions. One iOs specific for Iphones / Ipads and another for Android devices - Phones/ Tablets.

I eventually purchased for Android as that was the Tablet (Nvidia Shield) that I dedicated for Autonomous flight.

Guys, come on, this is common sense. Google and apple play stores are two separate things, with their own accounts. Creating Android and ios version of an app is essentially 2x the effort (I'm a developer for both, so I know), it's not like they created an app and then just tick the checkboxes "publish to apple store" and "publish to Google store", submit, done! It's a lot of work! Even if the developer uses a cross-platform development tools such as Xamarin (I do), which reduces the amount of OS-specific code, but still...

An analogy to this is a poet who writes a book of poems, one in Language A and one in Language B. Even though the meaning of the poems in both languages is the same, it's a lot lot lot of work to write the same poem in a different language, to make them ryme equally good.

So, if you want to have Litchi for both Android and ios, you have to pay for both separately. That the dev tries to please the customers behind the scenes of the app stores, only speaks of their good heart.

I paid for both and don't regret a thing. (I bought one for ios just the day before they had that 40% sale, so I tried to get a refund from apple store and these filthy rich ************* no longer issue refunds for apps!)

My comment was not complaining and I was not stating that the developer of Lichti should provide both flavors for one cost. Just stating that one WILL have to pay for 2 separate versions to support both style devices.

Im fine with paying for both flavors if in fact I need it on both devices.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive