DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

Reactions: rickw
dude u can sell it on ebay for at least $74. I think u aren't giving it a chance and u haven't tweaked the apps and memory card enough to give up. I flew it for like 3 miles each way not a single lag or video error. I did the same on my iPhone and it lagged ten times. My mavic even flew over the ocean because I lagged so long I didn't realize where I was going. With the wunderphone I flew straight along the ocean for 3 miles each way and I knew exactly where I was going within a meter.
Huawei Ascend XT2 5.5" 16GB Prepaid AT&T PREPAID GO PHONE Smartphone, Silver | eBay

Reactions: Dragonfly
For your sake I'm going to decline the generous offer and suggest that you'd be better off putting the money toward an android phone with more powerful specs.
im like a desperate hooker on friday night
im easily satisfied,ill take it

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
But beware than $74 is really less like $7.40 to ebay final value fee. $3 to paypal commission. So u get like $64 plus shipping cost will be at least $8. so really $56.

Thinking abstractly and having it in possession and having made about 20 flights with it in almost 2 weeks, with Mavic and Spark, and having zero issues and still marveling about how WUNDERFUL it is for only $49, are two different things. :D
I do have it - purchased it when the post first came out long before you bestowed the name Wunder on it. In comparison it pales to the other Chinese phones. But if it works for you and others - terrific - I'm happy for you. My standards are higher and I cannot recommend it or sell it for a Mavic Display phone.

I do have it - purchased it when the post first came out long before you bestowed the name Wunder on it. In comparison it pales to the other Chinese phones. But if it works for you and others - terrific - I'm happy for you. My standards are higher and I cannot recommend it or sell it for a Mavic Display phone.
yeah but at a cheap $$ itd be perfect for my kid to watch youtube on.

My standards are higher and I cannot recommend it or sell it for a Mavic Display phone.

What if we start bidding? How about $134? :D

Wunderpilots don't compare specs. Wunderphone is GE-certified. It does its job Good Enough, for only $49, and it's all that matters. There are many happy owners who checked in here, and unknown number of lurkers who never post.

Reactions: Dragonfly and rickw
What if we start bidding? How about $134? :D

Wunderpilots don't compare specs. Wunderphone is GE-certified. It does its job Good Enough, for only $49, and it's all that matters. There are many happy owners who checked in here, and unknown number of lurkers who never post.
Ruffled your feathers did I? Sorry.

But I saw this back before it got posted here and bought it for my daughter - Huawei Ascend XT2 (H1711)?. As noted on the Leagoo T10 post by Phoebe way back on Sept 2nd we noted that we tried a number of Chinese Phones - Oukitel U16, Cubot Max, Leagoo M8, Leagoo T10, Le Eco X626, (and the earlier model Huwaei XT when first posted w/ATT for the same price in March) with the Mavic and didn't hesitate to express our opinion on how well we thought they all worked. We didn't make a big deal about it but did state they didn't work all that well. That was long before this post. And before giving the Huwaei H1711 phone to my daughter I tried it with my Mavic but wasn't impressed. So in summary we stand by our feeling that this is a phone with marginal specs that works for many but not for all and certainly not under all conditions. If you want to use it with your $1,000 Mavic and fell confident great. But don't get upset that someone who posts disagrees with you - that what posting is all about - educating forum members to the pluses as well as the minuses.

That didn't work well for me. I had to select cash to SD card (or something similar) in the app.
Thanks. I don't have a drone to connect yet, but after installing the SD card that arrived yesterday and going through the rigamarole of getting GO .15 working again, it seems sluggish compared to before. Won't know for sure how everything works until after Christmas. I think I need to stop fussing with all this stuff and just wait for Santa.

Reactions: Rnl
I've been flying with the Wunderphone using current updates in both the drone and app. Yes, the app occasionally crashes but I just open it again. That happened with my Galaxy J7 occasionally, too. But I sure have a bright screen now!!! I also have a SIM in the phone, other apps to mimic my regular phone since this is now our spare phone.

Yes, the app occasionally crashes but I just open it again.

4.1.15 seems to be the last stable version. .18 crashes on every phone. And yesterday I tried flying Spark with ipad mini 2 with .16, crashes every 30 seconds. With Wunderphone on .15 - no probs. Ditto for Moto E4 on .15. For those who like suffering, .18 is there to the rescue. :D

9mGo2PB.gif

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13