DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

Found one on Amazon for 62 bucks with my prime. Its on its way. Im literally an apple only guy, from my laptop to my watch. I was looking for a cheap alternative as far as a monitor for my newly purchased Mavic and this was a great idea. Thanks Xtreme Drone Pilot!

You'll be happy with it. Once you install the app, the interface is virtually the same as in ios, so which phone you use for flying becomes irrelevant as long as it's stable and the screen is readable outdoors.

have you considered that moving go4 to the sdcard will slow the app down,more so according to the card speed.

Running apps off SD card typically only makes the startup a bit slower; once the app is loaded into RAM, it's as fast as from internal SSD. The only source of slowdown is if the app writes large temporary files (such as Go 4 video cache); but any descent SD card should handle writing 720p cache like piece of cake. Just don't use some small (the smaller the card, the slower it is due to parallelization), bargain card. I think that Samsung EVO 64GB for $20 is an excellent choice.

Ill try another cord, however, I just turned mine on after charging all afternoon and reaching 100%...My battery is already down to 87% and its only been on for 5 minutes...In fact, in the time it has taken me to type this message, it has dropped from 87% to 82% and I literally haven't done ANYTHING with the phone.

Stop by your local WM, I see Wunderphones for $89 in every WM, the swap will be fast and at no charge. Seems like the battery in yours is defective.

I got to step 3 and google account setup came next. ATT acccount set up doesn’t show a “skip” button. Just next. Anybody click next?

I got to step 3 and google account setup came next. ATT acccount set up doesn’t show a “skip” button. Just next. Anybody click next?

Did you pop out the SIM card before powering on the phone? I don’t recall any AT&T path that I couldn’t take side step or disregard. Check out msinger’s post# 1521 and my post at #1368 for some additional suggestions.

Did you pop out the SIM card before powering on the phone? I don’t recall any AT&T path that I couldn’t take side step or disregard. Check out msinger’s post# 1521 and my post at #1368 for some additional suggestions.

Yes, you guidance said that and I did it.

Msinger’s guidance refers to developer mode after removing SIM card which is reached from home screen. I can’t get past the setup of ATT. SIM card was removed while phone off. Post 1368 is your post I believe; and between step 2 and 3 the phone wants to setup google account then ATT setup with no option to skip and get to home screen of device. I assume the home button is a soft key as I do it see a button on device.

So here's a question. I don't plan on having service for the phone. Will the GPS still work? I've always wondered how the offline devices maintain active tracking.

So here's a question. I don't plan on having service for the phone. Will the GPS still work? I've always wondered how the offline devices maintain active tracking.
GPS is a self-contained system, that does not rely on a data or Wifi connection. It gets its signals directly from the GPS satellites. So you're good to go.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I've always wondered how the offline devices maintain active tracking.
Most of the tracking is done by the Mavic's internal GPS receiver. You only need GPS on your mobile device if you want to use the Follow Me flight mode or be able to reset the home point to your current location after taking off.

Just got my Moto E4 (tentatively aka Wunderphone Jr.) for $40 from Walmart, it's on the charger, will post full impression (sans Mavic-specific) later, will try flying with it either tomorrow or on Monday.

First impressions before powerup:

- very cheap feeling, striking contrast to premium feel of Wunderphone Classic
- all plastic
- battery is removable, only 2800mah
- the back cover is weird, it wraps around the whole body, quite hard to remove
- SIM and SD card slots are under the cover, will be PIA to just pop-in an SD card
- undeniably budget phone, looks similar to tons of prepaid $20-30 phones out there
- it's smaller than WPC, screen is only 5"
- big rounded corners make it look like a toy phone for kids

That's it for now, will see later how it sets up and performs.

So, two weeks later, I grew to actually like Moto E4! I flew my Spark a few times with it with zero issues. It's fast, and battery life is good. I won't be using it as a dedicated screen, but as an auxiliary device, it shines. For example, you can install UAV Forecast, weather and other drone-related apps on it that require Internet connection and keep your dedicated Wunderphone permanently offline. Great for other utility tasks - navigation, hiking/topos, gym/music, FM radio, etc. It's small and rounded, slips in jeans pocket much easier than phablets. I like also that you can use the fingerprint sensor in lieu of the 3 navigation buttons, freeing screen space. For $40, I'm happy that I got it. It's still widely available at Wundermart.

Reactions: rickw
has anyone tried to activate their wunderphone for actual phone use?,wife tried and they wanted $300 deposit,is a deposit normal on prepaids?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d