DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

So the connector should be to the right, and sleep & volume buttons on top?

I'm curious too…

… …

The only thing ive found so far is WP must be turned up other way in RC if you want to use the follow me mode and the compass for the RADAR.

This is due to Phone compass is affected by the RC hall affect of stick magnet being to close so WP needs to be rotated to eliminate this.

Same goes for WPs GPS receiver is covered by palm or RC grip so WP needs to be rotated to get full GPS reception for good fix if using Mavic follow me mode.

So we juz put the phone where the connector on the right to make the "follow me" function work? Am I correct?

I used my first android device to fly the Mavic today.

I couldn't get quickshots to work. I'm running the modded .0000 FW and Go4 version .15

I select the flight modes button then tap the quickshot button and it returns me to the video feed (main) screen. Now I have the quickshot button on the left instead of the flight mode button.

Any ideas?

I have used the quickshot features with this AC FW on iOS but with Go4 .18

Is go4 .18 OK on android now?

I think I have the answer to the quickshot question.

Do quickshots need the phones data to be turned on? Mine was off.

c42ceda6a6325896f0ae04585b68d70e.jpg

Best Buy $74.00 Delivered

Works Great!

Reactions: Somsom585
IMG_4054.JPG for those that need a sunshade unlike others that always seem to block this or that function,this one is wunderful:)
anyone wanting the specs of this,let me know,this fits the wunderphone

Why so much noise about this CrapDroid Phone?

Just get a spare IphoneX dedicated for my mavic.

View attachment 28299 for those that need a sunshade unlike others that always seem to block this or that function,this one is wunderful:)
anyone wanting the specs of this,let me know,this fits the wunderphone
Haha, that looks as high-tech as my Wundershade, except I was lucky enough to find black cardboard. Mine is held in place by a tab at the center top that slides into the gap between the bottom of the controller and the top of the phone, and the "roof" is angled so I don't see my reflection. I have some black Kydex sheet on order that I want to use for this after getting the dimensions right with the cardboard version. I'm wondering how difficult it will be to get it bent right. I don't have a heat gun. Or I might try to 3D print something.

Reactions: Agkirk
Heat gun is cheap
Lots of stuff u can do with it
Drying stuff
Bending PVC pipe
Bending most plastics
Takes rough edges off cuts in plastic

Many uses
Get one it’s fun

Reactions: RolandW
Can you please pm me if you are interested in the unlocking the huawei ascend xt2 or the similar elate one and are willing to pay $5 to unlock the sim. No just unserious interests. Only serious interest ready to pay. I am making a list of people. Thanks so much. This will be tentatively through dc-unlocker. It is not ready yet but they are working on it and wanted to know how many people are interested. Thanks so much.

Can you please pm me if you are interested in the unlocking the huawei ascend xt2 or the similar elate one and are willing to pay $5 to unlock the sim. No just unserious interests. Only serious interest ready to pay. I am making a list of people. Thanks so much. This will be tentatively through dc-unlocker. It is not ready yet but they are working on it and wanted to know how many people are interested. Thanks so much.
Doesn't unlocking this and loading a sim into it defeat the original purpose? This thread was about a cheap (but great) phone to use as a dedicated device for the Mavic, and without a sim, one that won't be reporting your activities and also keep you out of the upgrade cycle. As soon as you add a sim to this phone, those benefits go away.

Doesn't unlocking this and loading a sim into it defeat the original purpose? This thread was about a cheap (but great) phone to use as a dedicated device for the Mavic, and without a sim, one that won't be reporting your activities and also keep you out of the upgrade cycle. As soon as you add a sim to this phone, those benefits go away.
Absolutely not, you don't have to use the sim when flying you can remove it and keep it empty like i do. You can insert the sim only when you want to use it. But this gives you the option to use the phone when traveling abroad etc as a phone.

That’s what I do
Dedicated 3 of them for all 3 Drones
2-Mavics
1-P3S

Great screen

Absolutely not, you don't have to use the sim when flying you can remove it and keep it empty like i do. You can insert the sim only when you want to use it. But this gives you the option to use the phone when traveling abroad etc as a phone.
You're assuming that the app won't upload data as soon as it has a data connection. That's an assumption I would not make.

The OP suggests also keeping it in airplane mode to prevent data transfer even around wifi.

My personal cell phone is unlocked, and works fine for travel. Using the WP as a backup travel phone seems to defeat it's purpose.

Last edited:
Can someone please confirm if you get the number of satellites shown on the app for Android?

What does this have to do with the WP?

Thought I'd ask here as there are a lot of android users here. I've recently just got an android phone and I'm wondering of I have one of the latest versions of the app or not.

Haha, that looks as high-tech as my Wundershade, except I was lucky enough to find black cardboard. Mine is held in place by a tab at the center top that slides into the gap between the bottom of the controller and the top of the phone, and the "roof" is angled so I don't see my reflection. I have some black Kydex sheet on order that I want to use for this after getting the dimensions right with the cardboard version. I'm wondering how difficult it will be to get it bent right. I don't have a heat gun. Or I might try to 3D print something.
Any chance you have created a pdf or Word file with a printable full scale drawing for DYI use?

Any chance you have created a pdf or Word file with a printable full scale drawing for DYI use?
I will work on that. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d