DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

Update on unlock code dc unlocker told me they have the phone now but a sim unlock is complex and will take a while. I believe the huawei ascend xt already has sim unlock on their site for $4. Hopefully they will break through the xt2 soon. I will keep you posted.

Any news yet if this will work with T-Mobile? They just lit up a T-Mobile tower a few miles from my residence.

Any news yet if this will work with T-Mobile? They just lit up a T-Mobile tower a few miles from my residence.
I picked up the Huawei Honor 6X on sale for $149. It was unlocked and does work on T-mobile. It has full HD 1080 screen, better processor and more memory. Works great for the Mavic.

If you using Go V.18 or .22 then you can no longer download the HERE maps as DJI have stopped using them due to server problems, however with Go V.22 in the settings should be a new switch on page of cache to SD to try the new Google maps. Switch this on and you can stream the new maps and can cache small areas but you cannot download whole country or states like you could with the HERE maps.
You can also downgrade to Go4 V.15 then in settings load/cache the HERE maps for your Country/State if US then upgrade to V.22 and still have the use if HERE maps.
I have the DJIGo V.15 on the wundephone, there is an upgrade to V.22. Does anyone have any experience with it? Has the shutdown issue been corrected?

I have the DJIGo V.15 on the wundephone, there is an upgrade to V.22. Does anyone have any experience with it? Has the shutdown issue been corrected?
Been using V.22 since release and before was on playstore and have had not one issue. Is stable and fast and clean smooth video.

Alrighty got my phone. Read back about 20 pages and can't seem to tell if people are happiest with .15, .18 or (.22 which seems newer than mosts the posts)

Anyone have some "yay/nay" on the various versions?

Finally found a negative on the Wunderphone that has nothing to do with flying the MP. No Ant+ support. Wanted to use it with an Ant+ heart rate monitor. I'll have to use my S7. It supports Ant+

Finally something my S7 does better.

Finally found a negative on the Wunderphone that has nothing to do with flying the MP. No Ant+ support. Wanted to use it with an Ant+ heart rate monitor. I'll have to use my S7. It supports Ant+

Finally something my S7 does better.
Hopefully your S7 isn't spying on you like the Blunderphone is. :eek:

Reactions: Somsom585
cb5ab2448b6d48d9f97e16cab38da7b7.jpg

Reactions: hasideas
Alrighty got my phone. Read back about 20 pages and can't seem to tell if people are happiest with .15, .18 or (.22 which seems newer than mosts the posts)

Anyone have some "yay/nay" on the various versions?
I am running V.14 which is best if you want to modify the app. Later versions may be hacked as time goes by.

This is horribly crude, but here goes. Dimensions are in inches, and approximate. Cut one out of cardboard and fiddle with it to get it the way you like. The 4 1/2 depth might be more than necessary. With the top edge of the phone pushed as far up under the controller as it goes, if you stick the 3/4 x 2 1/2 tab into the space between the phone and the controller, you can push the hood toward the screen until the angled edges on the side fit between the arms and contact the screen. There should be enough interference with the lower edge of the controller to hold it in place. The angle keeps your face from reflecting in the screen and gives more space around the sticks, but also makes it harder to reach the screen with your finger. I use a stylus.
I'm not good at building things by hand. That's why God made machine tools.
View attachment 28338 View attachment 28342

I find that ur design is the most simple to make and can be easily modified. However I would like to check the height of the shade u used is 4 1/2inches. Would it be abit too high? Or u have trial and error to get tis optimal height. I am thking of a design that wun hinder much on the touch screen operation at the same time small enough to be kept and dismantle when not in use. 60 degree is the best angle when u hold ur controller at horizontal and level? So all these can be change to suit ur style of holding the controller.

I will modify your design and see if I can get a more fitting one. Larger angle (maybe 75°-80°). Lesser depth and maybe the side I will reduce the width too so that touching the screen wun be that difficult. Will post up if successfully done. Thank you. For sharing.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_