DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

Post 1679 ish through 1692 on this thread. you need 4.1.3

I just installed it, icons fixed but it crashed twice on me doing the same thing as earlier.... It crashes and says i need to update my NFZ database. I am in airplane mode, no wifi, no sim card with a modded 4.1.3 what the ****

Thanks!

So, I like the fact that they don't block the RC screen, which was the issue I have with most other style of holders. Can anyone comment on how they effect the radio signal due to them covering up the antennas.

Reactions: bostonvendetta
Interesting problem? with my wunderphone/ascend xt2

Regardless of which usb port I connect it to, it starts charging and tells me "yay, you are at 100%". it'll drain a tiny bit, then charge (from controller) and tell me, again, "yay, you are at 100%" hah.

I swipe down, and try to change the USB config from charging to MTP or MIDI or any other option, it 'closes but doesnt take/stick' and i'm back to charging again. (it'll pop up the DJO Go 4 prompt and it auto-reselects charging)

Anyone run into this?

it’s always going to charge on ANY android device

Just came back from the Philippines. Flew a bunch with the Ascend XT2. Zero issues. Had the offline maps downloaded and everything was solid.

Reactions: Dragonfly
This is horribly crude, but here goes. Dimensions are in inches, and approximate. Cut one out of cardboard and fiddle with it to get it the way you like. The 4 1/2 depth might be more than necessary. With the top edge of the phone pushed as far up under the controller as it goes, if you stick the 3/4 x 2 1/2 tab into the space between the phone and the controller, you can push the hood toward the screen until the angled edges on the side fit between the arms and contact the screen. There should be enough interference with the lower edge of the controller to hold it in place. The angle keeps your face from reflecting in the screen and gives more space around the sticks, but also makes it harder to reach the screen with your finger. I use a stylus.
I'm not good at building things by hand. That's why God made machine tools.
View attachment 28338 View attachment 28342
Here is one made from .060"-thick Kydex. This is my first attempt at forming something from Kydex sheet with a heat gun. A little wavy, but didn't turn out too bad. It snaps into place fairly securely. I plan to carry a stylus on a lanyard and use that to reach in and poke the screen. Worst case, the shade can be yanked off in a second if necessary.
IMG_0331.JPG IMG_0330.JPG

Here is one made from .060"-thick Kydex. This is my first attempt at forming something from Kydex sheet with a heat gun. A little wavy, but didn't turn out too bad. It snaps into place fairly securely. I plan to carry a stylus on a lanyard and use that to reach in and poke the screen. Worst case, the shade can be yanked off in a second if necessary.
View attachment 28915 View attachment 28916
looks good but what if you need access to the phone controls?

looks good but what if you need access to the phone controls?
Which controls? The physical buttons are on the bottom; easily accessible. I can reach anything on the screen with the stylus.

Which controls? The physical buttons are on the bottom; easily accessible. I can reach anything on the screen with the stylus.
the home,back controls,if the app crashes its hard to close and restart

the home,back controls,if the app crashes its hard to close and restart
Yes, that was my biggest worry, and I'm sure I couldn't do it with my finger. So far it's worked OK to put the tip of the stylus against the inside of the shade on the right, slide it down to touch the screen, and swipe toward the middle to get the navigation bar. Not ideal to have to use a stylus, of course, but I'll have to live with it for now. My vision in bright sun sucks. If I can get a Mavic that actually works, I'll probably go with a CrystalSky eventually. Only 11 months until Christmas.

Reactions: wytnyt
shade.JPG
Yes, that was my biggest worry, and I'm sure I couldn't do it with my finger. So far it's worked OK to put the tip of the stylus against the inside of the shade on the right, slide it down to touch the screen, and swipe toward the middle to get the navigation bar. Not ideal to have to use a stylus, of course, but I'll have to live with it for now. My vision in bright sun sucks. If I can get a Mavic that actually works, I'll probably go with a CrystalSky eventually. Only 11 months until Christmas.
:) 11 months
my biggest concern was the app crashing and having to fully close it,the time factor and all plus being able to actually work the app functions,i made a couple before i came up with the one the gives plenty of room for everything,now looking for a good foldable material

Reactions: RolandW
View attachment 28922
:) 11 months
my biggest concern was the app crashing and having to fully close it,the time factor and all plus being able to actually work the app functions,i made a couple before i came up with the one the gives plenty of room for everything,now looking for a good foldable material
Do you have any experience with Kydex? I know a lot of people make pistol holsters from it. I got two 12"x12" sheets, 060" thick, for about 10 bucks on Amazon. Unfortunately, the heat gun I bought shuts off after a few minutes, even on the Low heat setting, so it's going back. Managed to get this thing finished, though. If you're good at crafting things by hand it should be a piece of cake to make yours from it. After cutting out the shape, I marked the bend lines in pencil and sandwiched it between two pieces of aluminum in a vise before heating it. The results show I need more practice, but it will serve the purpose for now.

Do you have any experience with Kydex? I know a lot of people make pistol holsters from it. I got two 12"x12" sheets, 060" thick, for about 10 bucks on Amazon. Unfortunately, the heat gun I bought shuts off after a few minutes, even on the Low heat setting, so it's going back. Managed to get this thing finished, though. If you're good at crafting things by hand it should be a piece of cake to make yours from it. After cutting out the shape, I marked the bend lines in pencil and sandwiched it between two pieces of aluminum in a vise before heating it. The results show I need more practice, but it will serve the purpose for now.
my cover folds underneath the phone where it has velcro to hold it so ill need something that will bend and fold as needed,i ran across the material a while back and have been looking for it,,some boxes on high end devices use it also.

Reactions: RolandW
I have an apple i7 but I think I'll buy this just for flying and not use as phone. 65.00 at bestbuy
Cricket Wireless - Huawei Elate 4G LTE with 16GB

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000