DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

Using this "wunderphone" again the other day, the DJI go4 app crashed for the first time, the second and third time. All in the same flight. Have not flown since. I have nothing else running on the phone. I haven't used the device for anything other than logging in to my gmail account so I could access the Play store to download the app.

Furthermore, having to play around with the app in order to get "just the right version" that suits me best is a problem. At this point I would rather spend my time testing out alternatives than fiddling with go4. Also, there are constant updates for various things that sometimes seem fairly important. How is it possible to maintain an older version? I have not crashed my drone because of the crashing app. But it sucks to get that sinking feeling every time the app quits.

Last edited:
Reactions: bostonvendetta
Using this "wunderphone" again the other day, the DJI go4 app crashed for the first time, the second and third time. All in the same flight. Have not flown since. I have nothing else running on the phone. I haven't used the device for anything other than logging in to my gmail account so I could access the Play store to download the app.
Did you set up your device like this?

Reactions: Spud
I think I saw a fix for text and icon size being too large on dji go4 app and can’t find it with a search. Anybody know the thread location for the fix?

You'll only see that setting on Apple devices. When using an Android device, it's enabled by default.
Speaking of caching, any idea why low res videos of my flights are not being saved on my ipad? On my android device, it seems to do it automatically.

I don't remember who made the very first post about this Huawei phone, the XT2 or Elate, whichever name you use, but I am here to say THANK YOU for passing along the info about it. I now have both versions. It works great, with everything always updated (drone, controller and phone) with an active SIM. It's great to have discovered that brand. I use one to fly with and the other as a spare phone for tethering to our computers. (We live in a rural cellular only area.) So thanks. Neat product. Great companion to my Mavic. Great phone.

Two questions:

1) I read (everywhere except this thread I guess hah) that it is REALLY better to use iOS vs Android. Anyone find that Android does just fine/have a comparison?
2) I've also read ipad mini 2's are "slow" but an ipad mini 4 etc is fast/better. This phone benchmarks a good bit lower than an ipad mini 2. So, obvious question - "Is it slow/laggy?"

Did you set up your device like this?
that was helpful. thank you. however, while using go4 this morning on the "wunderphone", it crashed again while flying in Point of interest mode. no idea why. nothing obvious interrupted. so far i have used go4 on 2 android devices and an ipad. it has crashed on all while flying. To me, this is extremely frustrating.

cb5ab2448b6d48d9f97e16cab38da7b7.jpg
i like that set up. What mount are you using?

that was helpful. thank you. however, while using go4 this morning on the "wunderphone", it crashed again while flying in Point of interest mode. no idea why. nothing obvious interrupted. so far i have used go4 on 2 android devices and an ipad. it has crashed on all while flying. To me, this is extremely frustrating.
This is why I think the ultimate arrangement in the future is a controller with a screen built in to it dedicated solely to the drone, no cords to attach, no attachments at all to move or adjust or deal with. That would be the ultimate stability we seek. It would increase the price but be so nice.

I think I saw a fix for text and icon size being too large on dji go4 app and can’t find it with a search. Anybody know the thread location for the fix?
Post 1679 ish through 1692 on this thread. you need 4.1.3

I just installed it, icons fixed but it crashed twice on me doing the same thing as earlier.... It crashes and says i need to update my NFZ database. I am in airplane mode, no wifi, no sim card with a modded 4.1.3 what the hell

Interesting problem? with my wunderphone/ascend xt2

Regardless of which usb port I connect it to, it starts charging and tells me "yay, you are at 100%". it'll drain a tiny bit, then charge (from controller) and tell me, again, "yay, you are at 100%" hah.

I swipe down, and try to change the USB config from charging to MTP or MIDI or any other option, it 'closes but doesnt take/stick' and i'm back to charging again. (it'll pop up the DJO Go 4 prompt and it auto-reselects charging)

Anyone run into this?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: Spud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member