DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

AT&T PREPAID Huawei Ascend XT2 16GB Prepaid Smartphone, Silver is $69.00 on Walmart.com

I'm pretty sure this is the lowest price in a while....
Saw the Cricket version at target for the same price, and I think that's how much it is at Best Buy. Waiting on my rewards points from BB that I got buying the MP itself and I'll probably pick one up.

So you've installed 4.2.8? As this THREAD was created almost 6 months ago, I'm curious how stable the new DJI GO 4 app is.

I have a Spark & before the 'fluke' of the OTG cable compatibility + MAVIC AIR update has allowed support...everyone utilized the old 4.1.15 version.

**I've CLEARED & Disabled a much as possible with the Elate (without doing a ROOT), don't forget to utilize Phone Manager (app pre installed) to clear Cache, apps, etc before flight.

Yes I have DJI Go 4 v4.2.8(553-googleplay) running. The Elate is running out of the box Android version 7.0. I flew my Mavic in the backyard for about 10 minutes and took it to ~380ft few minutes ago. All went very well. The phone is in airplane mode without WiFi or cell connection. I have not downloaded the map so it was ruining off of GPS connection through controller. All seem good. Will take it out to the flying field tomorrow.

Thanks everyone who tested and blessed this wunderphone. It is amazing. Can’t beat the price and feature.

I can live passed the annoying phone charging issue.

AT&T PREPAID Huawei Ascend XT2 16GB Prepaid Smartphone, Silver is $69.00 on Walmart.com

I'm pretty sure this is the lowest price in a while....

Bestbuy has Elate for $65 after tax it would be around $68 or less if you get the cricket card and sell it on eBay :) phones are exactly the same except color.

Bestbuy has Elate for $65 after tax it would be around $68 or less if you get the cricket card and sell it on eBay :) phones are exactly the same except color.

Correct! Add a $30 Cricket PP Card to your cart and then get it for free @ checkout. Thats how I got my Elate.

Ill buy anyones card for $25 via Paypal.

Reactions: mitch_mavic
Not sure if any did this, but wanted to share my Elate controller setup. Screen is nice and bright but the hood makes it even better. Works really well and looks pretty decent.

Just in case anyone is interested.

- DJI Hood
- Polarpro phone mount
- Raysun 10” right angle USB

IMG_0206.JPGIMG_0207.JPGIMG_0208.JPGIMG_0209.JPGIMG_0210.JPGIMG_0211.JPG

I didn't have time to go through every post, but when we run 4.1.15 does the Quick Shot function not work? All it will let me do is draw the green box around myself and that's it, it won't ever show the modes. Thanks for any info

Quick shots was 1st available to .18

I side loaded the new 2.12 (before it was removed and currently added back to the Play store) and OTG and software works fine.

I'm a little perplexed with my Elate lately. The app keeps crashing. What is the most solid version of the app and software? I might just go back to my Iphone to avoid a costly mistake.

I'm a little perplexed with my Elate lately. The app keeps crashing. What is the most solid version of the app and software? I might just go back to my Iphone to avoid a costly mistake.
What version of Go 4 are you running? As a side note, the S1000RR is the only motorcycle that ever scared me lol.

Ive noticed a lot of disconnecting from the wunderphone lately with 4.15 and or the most updated app. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Kinda scares me when I have the mavic high in the air and it just disconnects from the controller for like 5-10 mins. Ive tried a numerous amounts of different usb cables and all still disconnect. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Last edited:
Reactions: HarvitoJackson
I've just done a glance through to see if this had already been posted. I didn't see it so:

The $55 Huawei Elate from Best Buy 1) is still available and 2) accepts an can use a 256Gb MicroSDXC card. Sooner or later I'm going to try one of the 400Gb ones but I'm guessing it'll work too as long as it's SDXC. The SDXC setup is supposed to be good up to 2Tb so as new ones come out it'll be interesting to see if they work.

I was able to unlock my Cricket phone using a code purchased from this company

AT&T Unlock Code - AT&T IMEI Unlock Code - AT&T SIM Unlock Code

I sent them the info from the phone and they sent me an unlock code in about 3 days.
When the phone boots up it asks for an unlock code, and I entered it at that point.

It cost $40 though. However, it did work. I didn't need phone service for this phone since it is dedicated as my Mavic controller. However, I have a sim from TMobile because we get a free fourth line with our family plan, so I figured it would be worthwhile to be able to use this phone as a spare. For the price, it seemed like a reasonable deal, even though the unlock code cost almost as much as the phone...

Reactions: vinhidalgo
Bought a Cricket Elate at Best Buy $52. Configured with the latest Go 4 and recent Mavic Pro Platinum updates. Flew flawless. Haven’t put the SIM card or activated Cricket. So amazing we bought another.

Just picked up a Huawei Ascend XT2 16GB at Walmart, $69. Really don't need it as I have an iPad Gen5 9.7" , but I wanted a phone to fly with in the even I didn't want to break out the ipad+holder. I've loaded GO4 on it but haven't had a chance to fly. Seems like a solid phone for such a low price.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom