DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

Ohh I know Cowbridge, not far from us really. We were just back home last July and August 2017. Went back to Austria this year, I used to live in the Alps for 11 years, had to visit old friends. How does one PM? You could try that to me.

How are the Huawei phones holding up? Looks like my local stores are out of them all right now but I'd love to have an inexpensive device that works reliably so I can keep my regular phone active on me.

Last edited:
How are the Huawei phones holding up? Looks like my local stores are out of them all right now but I'd love to have an inexpensive device that works reliably so I can keep my regular phone active on me.

So far mine has been bulletproof. Got shortly after the thread started...

LP

Had one since the very beginning of this thread, through the CIA warning, and now they are back at Walmart. Fantastic! Awesome! Not unlocked but I don’t need it unlocked. I use it with Litchi and DJI Go and no issues with either....

Reactions: Bugg77
So far mine has been bulletproof. Got shortly after the thread started...

LP
Had one since the very beginning of this thread, through the CIA warning, and now they are back at Walmart. Fantastic! Awesome! Not unlocked but I don’t need it unlocked. I use it with Litchi and DJI Go and no issues with either....

Are you both running 4.19 still or do you stay current on the App version? I ordered one through Amazon as none of the walmarts around me carry them any more. I definitely don't need cell service. If I want to cache a map, I can always connect to my phone as a hotspot so this will be a perfect "MPP only" device.

What was the CIA warning?

Are you both running 4.19 still or do you stay current on the App version? I ordered one through Amazon as none of the walmarts around me carry them any more. I definitely don't need cell service. If I want to cache a map, I can always connect to my phone as a hotspot so this will be a perfect "MPP only" device.

I run the latest version of everything. That said, I get a latency of between 2-300ms for the video feed. It's the same latency I was getting with my Mate9, and before that my iPad 3 and Galaxy TabPro 8.4...many versions of DJI Go ago. Yes, most of my devices are older, but since the Mate 9 is a fairly modern, beefy phone, I'm convinced 2-300ms is about normal. I'd like to see someone show me a device that does better...with actual recent test results.

LP

Anyone have any luck finding one of these recently? I've been looking for a week or so and haven't been able to locate one. Any ideas?

Anyone have any luck finding one of these recently? I've been looking for a week or so and haven't been able to locate one. Any ideas?

I use a unlocked honor 6x and it seems to work great. I was using a Honor 5x but i bought a new phone for my wife so I got her 6x now and it works great.

I'm running version 4.1.15 and have been since I got the phone last November. I cached the maps I need and keep all unnecessary apps turned off (or removed if possible). Battery life is great. One of the best $50.00 purchases I've made.

I own and use three as dedicated devices (Spark, MP and Inspire 1 V2). All have performed flawlessly, even though I'm replacing two with a full-size CrystalSky. No they're not for sale.

Ebay has several - used around 50, new around 75-80.

There is a bunch on Offer Up that you can look under the shipping side. I just got one for $30. They range $50-70 but you can offer and the seller might accept it. I offered $30 on a list price $50 and the seller accepted.

I just got the Cricket Huawei Elate brand new in box from Ebay for $60, they have jumped the price to $74 since I ordered mine.

Update 8/24/18: Just tried it at sunrise and it performed like a champ on Go 4 4.1.15! It does have like a millisecond delay but thats it. No different than Go 4 on my iPhone 7plus as far as the delay. I'm just so happy that I now have a dedicated device. I even used a cheap thin case I originally bought for my 7plus and it fits. Yeah the cut outs are different but the charging port is spot on. Just a little added protection. Its a fingerprint magnet though.

Last edited:
Had my first disconnect with this phone today (been using it since the thread started). It was with 4.3.0, which was just released yesterday. Luckily, I was only adjusting settings and the drone was on the ground in front of me. Not sure if this is a sign that updates for the Mavic 2 are going to start wreaking havoc with the rest of us. I'm hoping this was a one off since I was rapidly changing a bunch of settings at once and going back and forth, rather than a sign of general instability. We'll see the next time I fly I guess...

LP

So I'm following up to my above post. Because I couldn't go out and fly, last night I just connected using 4.3.0 and let it sit for two separate sessions of about .5-1 hour each, with no disconnects. I flew a full battery this morning, again, no errors. At this point, I don't know what caused yesterday's issue, but I did notice that the top of the Go screen said 'remote controller connection error' or something like that - even though the remote was still connected to my phone, and to the Mavic.....it's just the phone that wasn't connected to the Mavic.

LP

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech