DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

5 in 1 charger smells like melting plastic

Tiny

Reactions
First time using this charger, is this normal? This is the darker blue with the fixed ground. Charger is warm to the touch but not hot. Batteries have no temp in them. Are the battery connections non directional? Havn’t even gotten the drone yet and I’m getting wound up.

Electronic manufacturing processes often have components that when warmed up for the first time WILL emit a smell.

The smell should dissipate over time. If you have a multi meter check the outputs to make sure they are supplying the right voltages.

First time using this charger, is this normal? This is the darker blue with the fixed ground. Charger is warm to the touch but not hot. Batteries have no temp in them. Are the battery connections non directional? Havn’t even gotten the drone yet and I’m getting wound up.

I would say this is fine ... as long as it's not getting to hot to touch and just warm ( mine gets warm ) and as said above the smell should go after a few charges.

What is the name, manufacturer and model number. there are more then one type out there. I have two different ones, so I am interested in which one you are talking about.

What is the name, manufacturer and model number. there are more then one type out there. I have two different ones, so I am interested in which one you are talking about.

Power extra for mavic
YXC06

Smell went away after batteries reached full charge.

BD0G, which terminals to check voltage? What should the voltage be?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne