DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

6 Yr Old Saved Using A FLIR XT2 Camera! Good Press No Coverage Of course...

DDS

Approved Vendor
Reactions
not sure why I haven't seen this but not to much publicity.

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
I stand corrected....must have missed that and thanks for sharing. however if I can bring up a point And highlight some headlines below

Ethan Haus, 6, Found Safe After Going Missing For Nearly 10 Hours Near Becker​

‘We’re So Thankful’: Ethan Haus And Family Have Much To Be Thankful For After Hundreds Aided Search Effort​

Missing Becker, Minnesota boy thanks dog who kept him safe, 600 volunteers who helped search for him​

Large group responds and finds missing Minnesota boy​

No mention of a drone or thermal equipment..the only explanation that comes to mind is it doesn’t fit the preconceived notion that drones are evil ?

I stand corrected....must have missed that and thanks for sharing. however if I can bring up a point And highlight some headlines below

‘We’re So Thankful’: Ethan Haus And Family Have Much To Be Thankful For After Hundreds Aided Search Effort​

Missing Becker, Minnesota boy thanks dog who kept him safe, 600 volunteers who helped search for him​

No mention of a drone or thermal equipment..the only explanation that comes to mind is it doesn’t fit the preconceived notion that drones are evil ?

Almost all of the news reports in that Google news search reported that the find was made with a thermal imaging UAV. You are looking for issues where there are none.

It sounds to me more like you managed to find a news report that fits your preconceived persecution complex. I've talked to a lot of people about drones and read a lot of articles on them, and almost never have I stumbled across anything that makes drones sound "evil". Some people have valid concerns about their safety and privacy issues certainly are relevant, but you WAY overstate the case.

I believe I saw the story brought up on a talk show. They had the parents, child, a few search crew and interviewed the Drone Pilot who showed the video and ground crew searching and the boy in the corn field.

Edit: It was the Kelly Clarkson show: Man Brings His Heat-Sensing Drone to Help Find Missing Boy at 1:50 AM

Reactions: anotherlab
I look forward to the day these thermal cameras and lidar sensors are small and cheap enough to fit on smaller drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU