Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

6month old M2P battery wont charge

Cpt.Barbossa1072

Reactions
Hello group...Mavic 2Pro newbie here... !got a new battery(4th one) for my M2P like 6 months ago & has about 10charge cycles on it ,& firmware updated,if i remember correctly...left it unused with a discharged percentange of about 65%,for storage,went to charge it again & now its "completely dead" wont light up or no response even after leaving it on different charges for 24hrs,no signs of swelling etc.anyone here have a hack/tip to "revive" the battery to charge again...? IMG_6338.JPG

justinca2013

Reactions
Hello group...Mavic 2Pro newbie here... !got a new battery(4th one) for my M2P like 6 months ago & has about 10charge cycles on it ,& firmware updated,if i remember correctly...left it unused with a discharged percentange of about 65%,for storage,went to charge it again & now its "completely dead" wont light up or no response even after leaving it on different charges for 24hrs,no signs of swelling etc.anyone here have a hack/tip to "revive" the battery to charge again...? View attachment 124792

Hey man I had the same thing happen to me a few months back. I was offloading pics after I landed the motors weren’t spinning but the drone was on and my battery hit 0% and died when I put it on the charger NOTHING!! I tried car charger, rapid charger standard nothing helped. Had to send to DJI and they replaced free even after warranty was over.

PhiliusFoggg

Premium Pilot
Reactions
It might be worth checking exact dates and the DJI warranty period on batteries.

GrafXXX

Reactions
Hey man I had the same thing happen to me a few months back. I was offloading pics after I landed the motors weren’t spinning but the drone was on and my battery hit 0% and died when I put it on the charger NOTHING!! I tried car charger, rapid charger standard nothing helped. Had to send to DJI and they replaced free even after warranty was over.
Same on my ma2 battery, I realized it wouldn’t charge and knew it had a 6 month warranty, but stupid me thought it was Jan 18 when it was actually Dec 18th ( the 6 month date), and I got busy with life and kept forgetting to put warranty claim in, thinking I would do it right after the holidays. Well after holidays I realized I somehow counted wrong months in my head, BUT DJI still replaced as a full warranty, it only had 40-50 charge cycles ( has to be under 100 for warranty) and was in flawless condition. I have seen some complaints with posts about the DJI customer service, but I have had a few situations since June that DJI seemed to extend superior customer service to me, I have no complaints. On 2 occasions not this one, I actually paid the $45 to 2 day air the ma2 to California from New Jersey, just because the free ground label could take 5-7 days transit and with COVID this year shipping on a lot of ground items have taken twice as long in some instances. But again I was slightly out of battery warranty and no questions asked

Cpt.Barbossa1072

Reactions
Same on my ma2 battery, I realized it wouldn’t charge and knew it had a 6 month warranty, but stupid me thought it was Jan 18 when it was actually Dec 18th ( the 6 month date), and I got busy with life and kept forgetting to put warranty claim in, thinking I would do it right after the holidays. Well after holidays I realized I somehow counted wrong months in my head, BUT DJI still replaced as a full warranty, it only had 40-50 charge cycles ( has to be under 100 for warranty) and was in flawless condition. I have seen some complaints with posts about the DJI customer service, but I have had a few situations since June that DJI seemed to extend superior customer service to me, I have no complaints. On 2 occasions not this one, I actually paid the $45 to 2 day air the ma2 to California from New Jersey, just because the free ground label could take 5-7 days transit and with COVID this year shipping on a lot of ground items have taken twice as long in some instances. But again I was slightly out of battery warranty and no questions asked

hey thats awesome news...can tou provide me the steps in how u sent it in & got a replacement! i sent dji a ensil & spoke to a"live"agent but upon lookn into the battery,the said they wont honor the dead battery replacement cuz its way outta warranty.... they simply told me to buy another battery & mine has less than 20 charge cylces on it.... bummer

DJI Drone Service
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 2 Case

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stephen Cowley