DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

7'' mavic tablet

i use a nexus 7 and it works great. i bought for just this purpose & nothing else, so no other apps on it.

Reactions: Sroake4
Thanks MGee, I already bricked it so going through another learning process right now in how to try and recover the pos...

Big learning curve for me last night with the help of the XDA Developers forum, I managed to successfully root the Tab A6.
Now with all the bloatware gone, I hooked it up to the Mavic and connected......stays connected!! Maybe half a second of lag.
(This is just sitting on the table, no flights yet.)
I'm sure hoping its fixed?

Been using a 7" Huawei Mediadpad T3 for a while with no issues.
Very cheap here in the UK at £60.
The one caveat is that it only works with 4.1.9, newer versions of the app result in issues with the video feed.

i have the wunderphone and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7 for my mavic but im looking for something in the 7'' range thats proven to be reliable and works well with the mavic with good cpu speed and memory.
ive looked at dji's list but some are just too old,discontinued or out of stock ,so what have you guys found that works good?
help a brother out,less than 6 weeks till my maiden flight.:p

Hi,
I use a 7.9" iPad mini 4 and it works perfectly - what's more, it fits (tightly) into the controller jaws although I use it in a mount so it sits right over the controller.for better balance.
I bought the cheaper 16GB model as the screen does not need the memory - the big memory needs to be in the Mavic and mine has a 64GB mini SD card in it.

I have several Samsung cell phones and tablets and I am defiantly not an IOS lover. So with that being said for me the best tablet for the mavic or any DJI drone is the Apple Mini2. Unlike the androids I have the mini easily switches from DJI go to Litchi and has good crisp and bright display. None of my android devices can have DJIgo installed and also run Litchi without lots of connection issues. I have also tried LG and Nexus tablets but I am convinced DJI and Litchi have tailored there software for IOS. I still dislike IOS as it's a pain to move files to and from the tablet as unlike android you can't just plug and play you have to plug and pay. But it seems to be the standard for these drones so I am sold on the this tablet for this one platform.
The mini2 &4 are fine but not the mini1 so I purchased the mini2 off ebay cheap ($79) One thing to mention about this also is the battery life is short - 4 hours or so. You have to plan on remote charging of some sort.

Hi! I use a Shield K1 on my Mavic and it works very nicely.

i have the wunderphone and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7 for my mavic but im looking for something in the 7'' range thats proven to be reliable and works well with the mavic with good cpu speed and memory.
ive looked at dji's list but some are just too old,discontinued or out of stock ,so what have you guys found that works good?
help a brother out,less than 6 weeks till my maiden flight.:p

I admit to not reading the entire thread...

I have used the Samsung Tab S2 8". It fits right into the controller like a phone.

Or... The Crystalsky 7.85 and the mount will set you back about $700 with the mount and charger. Just saying.

I haven't read the complete thread. So I add this with risk of being told.
Try the range of Crystalsky devices. Devoted DJI device. Come in varios sizes. I use the 5.5 inch and have not had one issue as yet, although I haven't been flying for long.

The Tab A6 (2016) 10.1" works fine. The A6 (2016) 7" version is not as good.

Also remember that tablets like the A6 have flip-cover magnets on the back that can interfere with the RC and magnetise other objects if stored nearby (if you keep an A6 tab next to a Mavic, it can cause issues).

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
I have an iPad Mini4 and it fits the controller perfectly and works just fine most of the time, until it gets overheated in hot weather while cashing the video. Then the video feed goes spastic and flying FPV gets really unnerving. Overheating is less of a problem if I turn off cashing.

What’s the true purpose of the cache if you’re recording to the SD card anyway?

In case your drone is lost, you have a video record up to that point.

It also records audio from the display device, useful for commentary etc. (audio can be stripped and overlaid with the original quality video).

I use the Google Nexus 2013 and it works good. Also very bright.
I use the nexus too and it was great until .18 upgrade. I'm always on the lookout for something that works and fits my budget. Since I've been using the wunderphone and it works great with the last update.22. Still not sure if the upgrade corrected the issues with my Nexus 7". Glad you've had success. :)

In case your drone is lost, you have a video record up to that point.

It also records audio from the display device, useful for commentary etc. (audio can be stripped and overlaid with the original quality video).

Oh man! I see now... the cache is not on the drone but on your device. How dumb do I feel? :). Now it makes sense and opens up another layer for me. Thanks for that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS